Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

How about this for a start to a Franklin set! Thanks so much Ronyahski!

Link I lost the photo of the 1962 somehow. It is average obverse toning but awesome reverse toning, red and yellow near the rims, lovely bluish tint closer in. It's also super clean. The 1961 is simply amazing. Not a mark.

Gosh I want to buy some more Franklins, but I think I am going to take a break, and go back to Lincolns...

Oh, thanks ellewood for putting the photos together for me.

Comments

• Nice!
    I want some too.
    Time to start a nice set of franklins.
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamie,

Very nice. The FBL is just really not that important to me either. This series is tough with so many coins beat up with marks. When you find a really clean one they are way cool! Nice start image

Ken
  • Thanks au and Ken! I'll always take a higher grade over fbl. Same with fb dimes. FH quarters and FS nickels I do think look a lot nicer, but just missed fs nickels for example are fine for me too.

• << <i>Thanks au and Ken! I'll always take a higher grade over fbl. Same with fb dimes. FH quarters and FS nickels I do think look a lot nicer, but just missed fs nickels for example are fine for me too. >>

Full strikes are very nice....BUT for the money i would rather have a higher grade near miss pq
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is ever a 1961 that makes it to 67 grade, it should be your coin. And good luck with those Lincolns you are after.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real nice start there. But I still like them with the FBL even though I will never get that 53-S that way.
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the 61D!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • I like 'em all!image.image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • .....hellova way to START a set !!!!!!!!!!!!!image