Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Here's something weird

Has anyone else noticed that nobody has started (or at least not registered) a John Elway basic or master set?

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    That is because Favre is better.

But seriously someone should. Or they are hoarding!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    must agree with FavreFan on that one. Or maybe its the teeth?!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭

<< <i>Or maybe its the teeth?! >>

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Or maybe its the teeth?! >>

image >>

Hey! I heard that! Leave poor John alone. He brought a lot of happiness to a lot of Bronco-maniacs! image

You still have to admire John's clutch play, which can be summarized by two words -- The Drive.

I have too much respect for Brett to try to say John is better. They both were fearless and could make a play when most other QBs would've dirtied their pants and hit the ground.

I guess I'm going to have to be the one to start up an Elway Registry set. As the guy says in the Guiness commercial, "Brilliant!!"

Thanks for bringing this glaring omission out, Boo!

hh
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Hubba hubba. I may have to rethink about starting up an Elway Registry set. Here's a link to an eBay auction for a PSA10 Elway rookie.

And after checking out Brett's cards, now may be the time to stock up on his cards before he officially retires and makes the HOF. His prices seem pretty reasonable...

hh
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Looks a little off center for a 10.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Hubba hubba. I may have to rethink about starting up an Elway Registry set. Here's a link to an eBay auction for a PSA10 Elway rookie.

And now that I check out Brett's cards, now may be the time to stock up on his cards before he officially retires and makes the HOF. His prices seem pretty reasonable...

hh >>

To hell with the RC-- just start buying up the later year inserts. They're cheap, most will grade high, and a lot of them are very cool looking.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks a little off center for a 10. >>

Where's the old bit siren when we need it?

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    as a disgruntled packer fan i have had it with brett favre. he is not the only person who has had tragedy in their life. his passer rating
    was 31st last year in the NFL. i am sick of him making idioitic throws in triple coverage and then laughing about it. he days of getting a free pass and he seems to get with everyone in the media are over for me.

elway went out clutching two straight super bowl trophies. favre is going out clutching his excuse towel.

elway went 7-0 in his last seven playoff games. favre is 2-6 in his last eight playoff games.

elway and company brought glory to denver going 39-9 his last three seasons. favre and his selfishness with his personal streak will be the ruins of the proud packer franchise for years as rodgers will never get to start as long as #4 controls what goes on in green bay.
    i defy anyone to tell me one reason why rodgers didn't get a chance last season. don't tell me favre has "earned it" no player is bigger than the franchise.

elway was a man and knew when his time was up. favre is a low IQ cry baby who comes out every few months to tease his followers on whether he is going to retire or not. for the sake of mike mccarthy and his staff who have the ENTIRE FRANCHISE in mind it is time for favre to grow up.

if it was 40 years ago and lombardi was still in charge of the packers favre would long gone. he had the clout to chew out bart starr and he would have put favre in his place.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    there is a big difference in the talent that elway had for his last eight playoff games and the talent that favre has had in his last eight.

if manning or brady had to play with the offensive (both def's) talent that favre had for most of last year they would have suffered similar stats.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    jradke,
    it is true the packers had a number of injuries last year. but when do people stop giving favre a free pass for his horrendous decision making? there are minimum standards that a quarterback has to comply with and he feels he is above those standards. many quarterbacks have been benched for much less bad play.

as far as elway and favre in the playoffs one of elways wins was against favre when green bay was a 7 point favorite so don't claim that elway always had superior talent. in addition favre has lost two home game in his streak and blew the game against the eagles with that junior high mentality pass he threw. these are facts, not opinions. that 48-3 loss to a mediocre baltimore team on monday night was worse that embarrasing.

marino got put on the bench, montana got traded, and many other greats knew when there time was up. favre doesn't seem to get it.

my point again is that if favre truly cared about the future of the franchise he would have given rodgers a chance that last four games or so. what is the team going to do if favre decides he wants to come back. rodgers may or may not be a player but assuming it will take at least one season minimum to find out there are going to be a lot of hard times with green bay, and if takes two years and he is a bust there is going to be a lot of hard times.

i remember the sunday night that cal ripken ended his streak. no fanfare, no drama he knew it was time. that is the difference between class and selfishness.