Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagles home opener

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
apparently is a Sunday night game - week one or two.

the cowboys are in town for that one
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I think ESPN and the media are going to hype up the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry in a big way this year, just like they've been pumping the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry lately.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I think ESPN and the media are going to hype up the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry in a big way this year, just like they've been pumping the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry lately.

Ax can you really blame the media? there is so much to talk about..i cant wait for the season.. but i am actually a bigger baseball fan. so im hoping for a mets ws ring then a dallas superbowl ring! who knows... lol

anyone want to get a fantasy baseball league going?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry was hotter in the 1970's then it is now. Those teams actually HATED each other FOR REAL. The NFC East is turning into a very tough division. Were is the over hype?

The answer is this ..... The phrase "Over hype" is becoming the easy way out for fans who feel slighted. The phrase "Over hype" is being OVER HYPED in a big way.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    This just in:

Eagles home opener:

L

Will Rocky be wearing a dress?

JS
  • Options
    Will Rocky be wearing a dress?

LOL sorry but i dont care who you are thats funny!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< I think ESPN and the media are going to hype up the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry in a big way this year >>>

No need to even hype those two games...the ratings should be off the charts for a regular season game - especially the game at the Linc. I'm predicting an easy win for the Eagles at home by two touchdowns, and also an Eagles win at Dallas by a touchdown.

• Options
    Also - Jerry Jones better have plenty of body bags ready for his players.
  • Options
    It's gonna be great to see T.O. in a Cowboy uniform in your eagles fans sig. line. I just hope it's not battery night at the Linc.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Come on, the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry was hotter in the 1970's then it is now. Those teams actually HATED each other FOR REAL. The NFC East is turning into a very tough division. Were is the over hype? >>

I never said over hype...I said they are going to hype it up, be the focus, etc. etc. And the red sox/yankee rivlary may have been more heated, but when has it ever gotten more national press/attention than it has in the past couple years?

<< <i>The answer is this ..... The phrase "Over hype" is becoming the easy way out for fans who feel slighted. The phrase "Over hype" is being OVER HYPED in a big way. >>

Again, go back and read the post. I NEVER said overhype, I simply said it's going to be the rivalry that they most showcase. With the cowboys signing Vandy and TO, I think the skins, giants, and eagles will all be looking up to the cowboys in the top spot.
  • Options
    I just hope it's not battery night at the Linc.

that was Pittsburgh. And it was baseball ...

It is amazing to me, speaking of media hype, how Eagles fans are portrayed by the media. All it took was Santa and a snowball ...

I have been a season ticket holder for a looooooong time, and I never witness half the stuff I hear on these boards - and no, I'm not all drunked up. I know most cowboy fans lack sports knowledge, but I at least thought they could think for themselves.

Rooting for "America's Team" usually means you are stupid however.

I think alot of Eagles bashers are going to be eating their words, as well as those who think TO is going to be a savior. He has NEVER led his team to an NFC Championship. Not with Steve Young, Garcia, or McNabb.

ax and joe - TB is on the schedule too image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It was battery night at the vet when JD Drew came to town!
  • Options
    Batteries blanketing the night sky at the Linc raining down on the Cowboys - now that would be a beautiful sight to behold.
  • Options
    How many times did the eagles beat the Cowboys last year? 0 How many will they win this year? 0
    Tell me how did the Eagles get better on offense this year? They have no #1 receiver and a 3rd down back as a runningback. The D didn't look so good last year. They did improve a little but thats it.
    They threw battiers at the vet too. The players would always talk about how they hate to play at the vet because of the low life fans there. Didn't they have a jail built in for their fans.
  • Options
    <<< Didn't they have a jail built in for their fans. >>>

Please get your facts right! The jail was there for those who didn't throw batteries or cheered for the Cowboys.

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>apparently is a Sunday night game - week one or two.

the cowboys are in town for that one >>

If you're referring to Sal Paolantonio on Daily News Live, didn't he say that he expects the Dallas game to be early in the year, but not the first game?

I might interpret that as not being the home opener. He did say Sunday or Monday night though.

Keith
  • Options
    They have no #1 receiver and a 3rd down back as a runningback.

Not yet, and Westbrook is better than any PLAYER on the cowboys.

Keith, I believe Eskin reported that the first home game is vs dallas.
  • Options

<< <i>Not yet, and Westbrook is better than any PLAYER on the cowboys. >>

In your dreams pedro, in your dreams. Westbrook is good, not great.
  • Options
    speaking of rocky.. sly looks like he is in good shape for rocky 6 and being 59 years old?? is that right?
    anyone ever accuse him of taking roids?

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>speaking of rocky.. sly looks like he is in good shape for rocky 6 and being 59 years old?? is that right?
    anyone ever accuse him of taking roids?

image >>

Now why would you say that? image

• Options

<< <i>Not yet, and Westbrook is better than any PLAYER on the cowboys. >>

He's better than TO? haha

Westbrook is a good player, but not a game changer. Throw in no good WRs, and teams are going to be lining up 8 in the box and daring McNabb to beat them deep (note: he won't).

You eagle fans are in for a long, long year. Especially when (a) you are deluded enough to think you're going to win the divison and (b) the cowboys DO win the division.