Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

World Series update

13»

Comments

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Another nice gain......still no decline. Maybe I will break into the top 100 this week.

105 $1,109,593 $11,685
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Nice move recently.

Moved to #5 by buying dated gold. image
  • Options
    KurtHornKurtHorn Posts: 1,382
    The ideal timing for this contest should have been a couple of years ago before the metals started going crazy. The results of the metals market skews the results of this contest too severely.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options
    You are right in one sense. I'd bet that all the leaders merely bought bullion eagles and made a commodity play.

Although not illegal, I don't think it was in the spirit of the concept of this contest. This was suppposed to be about buying NUMISMATIC coins.
  • Options
    487th! Well.....I just started a couple days ago and WAS at 425.....then 429....and this morning I see I've lost money and dropped to 487! image
  • Options
    Hey....you're beating 18 others. image
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    Anybody still own coins in the World Series for prices they wish they could buy the coins in real life? For example, I wish I could buy all of the available 1939 (rev.38) in 66FS and above. The 66FS are priced at 190.00 each, in real life they cost about $1,000 or more.
  • Options
    Saintguru, I DO agree with you in regard to the bullion in the contest, however, I guess $36,960 for that Proof 70 1993-W Silver Eagle on Teletrade a week or two ago, would tend to be an argument against all logic..........
  • Options
    Slowely creeping up....

103 $1,110,853 $1,260

Guess I should have went with the others earlier and bought bullion instead of my dream list....but what the heck, this is still excitable for the choices that I made...no high/low leaf, pissing bison, speared bison......just the coins I dream of obtaining with a little bullion thrown in.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, my first thread over 100 posts. image
  • Options
    YES!!! Finally made the top 100!!!!!!

99 $1,115,268 $4,415

• Options
    WOOHOO! Only my 5th day into the Series and I just moved from 487 to 413! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file