Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HORRIBLE Babe Ruth autograph

It cracks me up that there are ANY people out there who will bid on something like this. "Signed when Ruth was older." Yeah, like a few weeks ago! Has any item that has ever included the description "I'm selling this for a friend" turned out to be legit? Doubt it....

Fake Ruth auto

Comments

• Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    stellar feedback too.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not hard whatsoever to find "invoices" or other items like that from the 1940s to sign phony autographs on. No picture of the invoice shown on the auction, but I think he wants to be e-mailed for a scan of the invoice so he knows he's got a potential sucker.
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    ... and babe must have been suffering from dementia because he spelled Truly wrong...
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    give the guy 24 hours to "ansure"-(answer) -how can you buy something from a guy who cant even spell answer!
    This is one crazy auction
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Again, like everybody keeps saying, if you're dumb enough to buy it you get what you deserve.
  • Options
    Seller's return policy:
    Return Policy Details: SOME TIMES THINGS HAPPEN, AND YOU MAY WISH TO RETURN AN ITEM. IF YOU CONTACT ME. WE WILL WORK OUT RETURN DETAILS BY EMAIL.

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Sure was nice of the "Babe" to add "Yours Truely" (sic) to the autograph, which BTW, I don't really remember being one of his trademark inscriptions. Maybe he developed that inscription in his "older" years....
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

Checkout all the places he stopped when writing the R.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Let's try to figure out how to spell "truely" (truly). And maybe "ansure" (answer) or "consisient" (consistent) and "plain" (plan) and . . .

If you bid on or won this auction, you truly got what you deserved.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    $300!!! - I just hope it's a scambuster and not a real buyer.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I sent a message to the winner right after it ended and told him to have somebody else look at it before he pays. I told him pay attention to the R like was mentioned above.

The guy bids on old negro league stuff and cheap ruth stuff, and some old autos.

Hopefully he listens, probably he won't.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,

I think it was nice of you to tell the winner this. You have done your part. The winner should see that you want nothing from him and should take what you say to heart.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Winnig bid $300.00 ?

I didn't get a chance to see the item up for bid, but at that price , it had to be damn near invisible .

I'll bet his" friend " has 10 more like it .

Ruth Sigs for $300.00 I'll take 10 to the second power .

Time to make the donuts . . .
    Have A GREAT DAY EVERYONE !
  • Options
    The winning bidder was NARUed?
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I don't remember exactly what the item was but I'm sure it was as real as Pam Anderson's ta-ta's.....