Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Pete Rose

handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got this back this week!
Check it out and what do yall think???? The color is amazing on this card. And out of the 10 cards in the pack it was the only card worthy of grading, the rest were OC
sold

Comments

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I just looked at the listing, beautiful card. Good luck with the sale. That would pay for a lot more packs to open.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Congrats.

Love the Reds cards from that issue, as the uniform colors and the grey border go together quite well.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Thanks guys, It hurts to sell this card but I have it in a 9 that I pulled 2 years ago out of a pack as well. This is my second rose pull
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow - beautiful card. But, will someone really pay $6500 for that? I hope so, for your sake - but considering a PSA 9 SMR's for $600 (and can probably be had for much less), I would wonder who would be crazy enough to pay over 10X that.
  • Options
    Its a 10 so prices can vary. And a PSA 10 1975 topps rose just sold for almost 4k and a 1970 Munson 10 just sold for about 13,000. Its also a very propular card.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What grades did you get on the other cards you pulled? I recall you had a few other blazers in that pack.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    that's pretty cool

where did you get the pack? how much did that set you back?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i want a pack.....geez

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I predict it sells within 48 hours from now.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, Ive been looking at that card all day, and it's on my desk infront of me right now. I hate to let it go! From that pack I pulled a Johnny Bench All star but it was MC, and all the other cards were oc except for one common which Ill have graded later. I also busted a 1962 Football pack and pulled a GEM MINT Lenny Moore but they said it was trimmed. The card measures 100% so Im going to send it back to them. I love this card!! One of his best I think.
  • Options
    Sell it and smile all the way to the bank. I had a '61 Warren Spahn AS come back a 10 (1/1) and sold it for $6k. Even though I am a hardcore 61 Topps collector, I have never regretted that sale. Those proceeds have enabled me to acquire a bunch of 8s and 9s that look just about as nice. image
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    Yea, it will help me buy a few nice things for myself and my girlfriend. Ive had several people emailing me about it. And I feel this card is worth the price. It cant be any nicer than this! And the color man the color on this gem!!
    I have a 1954 Bowman pack graded a 6 I may bust now.
    Listen to this email I got from a nice ebayer about my 1954 Pack

shermscorne_(This is not his full name as I wont disclose it and thats not right)
    when u open it can u film it for me and send me a link i want to see you pop that thing out of the plastic case then see you open it and most of all see the look on your face when u get commons...lol,lol

What a j@rk!!! Why did he take the time to email me this!! I want to send him a link of my Rose. That should show him!!! I emailed him and told him he was a nice person.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Great pull! I would sell it too if I already had a 9. It is just too much money to turn down. image