• Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    What's a coin tag?

Thanks,
    Zach
    Zach
  • Options
    FLIP COIN TAG YOUR IT
    When the student is ready the teacher will appear !!
  • Options
    I'm not sure how they actually work. I think it's like this. Get a group of people , say 5. The first person makes up a box of coins etc and sends it to someone. They take what they want and replace it with some more of their stuff. Then they send it to the next person. And on and on until it makes the full circle back to the person who sent first. I think that's how they work.

Jerry
  • Options
    I am willing to be one of the five to try this if anyone else is interested. Just let me know what you think.
    Tom
  • Options
    This sounds pretty cool. Take what you like and add something(s) of equal or greater value and send it on down the line. Count me in.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I would like to be in.

Rob

• Options
    Okay, so who's going to start us off? If I am the guy to send out the box first it will be a low value proposition (just like my collection). I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea, however, being as none of us has done this before. Also, before the box starts circulating we all need to share contact info: Name, address and phone number. Other than that, good to go.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    How about using only pcgs slabbed coins? Good or bad idea?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Well, limiting the tag to slabbed coins from any specific TPG or even slabbed coins in general would push me out. I own very few slabbed coins and I am not likely to trade off the ones I do own.
  • Options
    I am willing also,Lets try a $10.00- $20.00 limit ? get a list of people then use that many coins ?

whos in?

lets make this work
    give what you would expect to recive,ie,no junk how about 1 coin must be a BU GEM?

OPEN FOR IDEAS ,image

<< <i>Okay, so who's going to start us off? If I am the guy to send out the box first it will be a low value proposition (just like my collection). I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea, however, being as none of us has done this before. Also, before the box starts circulating we all need to share contact info: Name, address and phone number. Other than that, good to go. >>

DO YOU WANT TO BE TAG BOSS?LOL
    Lets try and not make a major ordeal of this, POST A TAG IS GONG TO START. EVERYONE SIGN UP AND START FROM THERE?
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    I like the direction mojo is taking. The first one should be a relatively low limit. Mojo - are you talking $10-$20 per coin? If so, them the box would be worth a max of $100 - a reasonable limit. Would a "lot" of several coins, say VF-XF Indian cents be put together to make a $20 value, or do we just stick to individual coins?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Okay, I think it's prudent to discuss this just a little bit more before we start, just to make sure none of us has to get as involved in processing as Boom does for the trades. I'd like this to be a simple affair, and I like the idea that this coin tag will be a "take it or leave it" type of deal. Here's a list of stuff that I have to contribute:

3 BU (choice, not gem) 1960D 50c
    1 1979 T2 1c (I'd call it PR64)
    1 1950D 5c ANACS MS65 (old holder)
    1 HE Harris Lense containing a 2005 PD pair of Ocean in View nickels autographed by Joe Fitzgerald, the designer.
    1 1903O 10c Good
    1 1904 10c AG
    1 1911 10c Good
    1 1913 10c Good
    2 1922 Peace 1$ Select UNC (MS60)
    1 1926S Peace 1$ Select UNC (MS60)
    1 2005 ASE PCGS MS69FS
    1 2005S SAC$1 PCGS PR69DCAM

Now, these coins are not necessarily what will be contained in the box I send out (pending further discussion), but are listed to give all of you an idea as to the type of material I consider acceptable for this kind of proposition.

Also, a couple of ideas to make sure everything runs smoothly right from the start:
    1) All contact info shared between all members of the tag.
    2) Once a tag begins, no one may be added to the list.
    3) A detailed list of items contained in the box (as above) will be both kept by the sender and included in the box. The receiver will mark off the coins they take and add their additions to the list. They will also make a copy of the altered list for their records.
    4) All box transactions will be posted to a tag thread which will be started by the person that initiates the tag. For example, if I remove an UNC 1885O Morgan from the box and added an UNC 1896 Morgan I would post something like: "Removed UNC 1885O $1 and replaced it with UNC 1896 $1." This way everybody can track what's going on with the tag and knows exactly what to expect when the box gets to them.
    5) No person may keep the tag box more than 5 business days to insure timely completion of the tag.

Well, those are my ideas folks. As far as the value, I actually don't think it's a big concern. If you want to trade $10 worth of items from the box, do so. If you want to trade all of the items in the box, that's fine as well. No problems.

Scott

• Options

<< <i>I like the direction mojo is taking. The first one should be a relatively low limit. Mojo - are you talking $10-$20 per coin? If so, them the box would be worth a max of $100 - a reasonable limit. Would a "lot" of several coins, say VF-XF Indian cents be put together to make a $20 value, or do we just stick to individual coins? >>

10-20 limit total would be a good start,I agree about contact information being shared,I also do not think it should be that BIG of a deal, we are only talking about a few people being interested and a low $$ amount,
    OK WHO WANTS TO PLAY? AND WHO WANTS TO BE "TAG BOSS"

I will help in anyway possible,I am leaving On Saturday for a much needed vacation first one in 3 yearsimage
    I will pm my addy to the Person who wants to be THE LEADER OF THE PACK :&gtimage By the time I get back it should be close to getting to me lol? we can do this .

SO COUNT ME IN
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>a reasonable limit. Would a "lot" of several coins, say VF-XF Indian cents be put together to make a $20 value, or do we just stick to individual coins? >>

Yes that sounds good for the first tag $10-$20 is probably the best way to go at first ,hopefully we can do this without any problems,and get more people to join in on any future tagsimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Tag Me!!

I want to join!

I have lost of stuff I can put in!

We need a set of rules though.

We have to take a maximum of 3/10 and replace it with equal vale(Not necceserally same amount, let say you take a Morgan and Put in several number of Indian Head Cents, but the next recipient has to take ALL the IHC is he choses the IHC bundle since that is 'ONE coin'

But NOT less value only equal or higher.

The package will be changed everytime
    and in the package therell be a list with the coins and every transaction has to be listed so that the person doesn't take extra or claim they took less or dont put anything in return.

I don't think It has to be only Slabs since people like me don't have any slabs, I have 1 given by our very own Ken.

Thanks!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    WOW TheKidCollector, it would cost more to ship the box to you than the value of whats going to be in the box itself
  • Options
    OK
    HERE WE GO . 10-20 LIMIT EVERYONE AGREE? NEED TO SET A FINAL VALUE

DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS A MUST

CONTACT INFORMATION TO BE LISTED OR SHARED OR ON FILE ,ADDYS, EMAIL ADDYS,PHONE NUMBERS ETC

NO JUNK, JUST GIVE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECIVE

FIRST BORN FOR COLLATERAL image

LETS GET THIS GOING ,OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS ,IDEAS
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm willing to act as "Tag Boss" (that's such a strange title). Mojoman has already PMed me his particulars. I need three more participants for this inaugural tag, but I'll take up to six. Any body that PMs me their contact info by Sunday night (6/16) can be in.

Here's what I plan to do: since there is still a little cloudiness on the value of items/the total package (I'm still not sure wich we are talking about when we say $10-$20), I'm going to send out a package that resembles the list I posted before. The complete list of material contained in the package to be sent out will be posted in a thread titled "Coindexter's Coin Tag" which I will post Sunday night. Also listed in that thread will be every user ID and real name of people taking part. Contact info will be broadcast via PM to all particiapants.

As far as what goes into or comes out of the box for the participants here is my official line: take whatever you want from the box. Replace it in good faith with something(s) of at least equal value. It is not important for your replacement coins to be grouped as a lot if they are put together to replace something more valuable. As long as their total value is at least equal to the coin taken everything is cool. This means that if you put in 15 VF Indian heads in exchange for an AU Morgan (just an example) the next person may take 1 indian head, all 15 or none at all. The next person can take whatever they want as long as they replace it in good faith. Very simple this way.

The rules I posted earlier will be used for this tag. They will be reposted in the tag thread. The package must be sent via USPS, it must be insured and it must have delivery confirmatation.

One last thing folks. Try to be considerate about what goes into the package. Since I am the guy sending this out I'll be the last to receive it. What I get is what I get. The further down the line you are (the order of delivery will be posted in the tag thread, first come first serve) the more like the pickings could be slim if we are not considerate of each other. I'm not talking about people shorting the box's value specifically, but more about loading it to the hilt with low value coins. While I'm not very picky, I'd prefer not to open the box when it got back to me and find nothing but circulated Indian and Wheat cents. So when you trade a coin out of the box try to trade one of equal value for it. If you don't have anything of equal value and you need to make a "lot" that's okay, but try not to do this with all of your trades.

Okay, that should do it. Game on. I'll post Sunday.

Scott
  • Options
    Ok coindexter is "THE MAN"
    I am in ,This could be a great little tag swap,and This is about FAITH and GOODWILL.

SO lets get 5-6 people to sign up and get this going
    Ebay Seller I.D
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Suggestion to Coindexter: For security, the list posted on the boards should only have our handles on it. The "real name" stuff should be handled within the tag "Circle of Trust" via PM only.

• Options
    I agree, only within the 'Circle of Trust' shal our names and IM names be given out.

TKC
    Want List
  • Options
    Hope I'm signed up!

This is going to be a fun experience!
    Want List
  • Options
    I'd like to be in (subject to the security note in my prior post).

• Options
    Okay. Agreed. No real names in public threads. Everybody's real contact info will be swapped via PM only.

We're up to four participants. If you want in, PM me by tonight.

Scott
  • Options
    pm sent to coindexter
  • Options
    Five total participants now. Half an hour 'till the deadline. Swap thread will be posted with the rules and participants' IDs around 9:30PM tonight.
  • Options
    Make that four total participants. Clerical error on my part.
  • Options
    Tag enrollment closed. Thread forthcoming.
  • Options
    Enjoy you guys, Maybe next time we could have a Darkside Tag, as this is the first Tag we've done.

Thanks!

TKC!
    Want List
  • Options
    Just checking in. When this thread first started I posted that I was interested, so I was just checking to see if I am included this time around. Please let me know so I can be aware of any information I will need. Thank you.
    Tom
  • Options
    Friend, we agreed to share our personal info via PM before the tag so I set up a deadline of Sunday night for this one. This time you're not in (guess you weren't around for a bit), but there will likely be a next time.
  • Options
    Sounds like you guys will have fun!!!

Jerry