Home Sports Talk
Options

Soriano, disqualified list - What does that mean exactly?

Can someone tell me exactly what being placed on the disqualified list means? Does it mean the Nationals void his contract and he becomes a free agent after a period of time?

Comments

• Options
    It means he doesn't get paid and he loses 10 million dollars and they could sit him out the whole year and he remains the property of the Nationals and he doesn't get credit for a years service towards his pension. They could also trade him if they choose.
    biged
  • Options
    He should have a long talk with TO..................
  • Options
    It means he is a selfish player who puts his own interests in front of the team's.

I just hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the rest of the team. They were pretty good last year if I recall (I'm a very casual fan).
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy really made a fool out of himself and Im glad the National's are not putting up with his BS, the only way these athletes get the message is when you dont pay them and it costs them $$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    Pay me 10 million a year I'll play! Hell, I'll play for a lot less!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    But his hands are like rocks at second base ... whatta joke image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Where's stalin at to defend this clown?

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The disqualified list is the worst possible thing that could happen to any player... even a suspension is better...

If he spends the entire year on the DQ list, he won't be a free agent at the end of the year, it will be like the year never happened. It would be career suicide for Soriano.

The Nationals absolutely will trade him though. Speculation is the Cubs, but that's questionable. They will get far less for him than they paid originally, but at this point, anything they get is better than what they have now.

I see why Soriano is pissed about the idea of not playing 2nd, if he becomes an OF, his value drops. Arbitration values would also be skewed if he moved to OF. But, how much money does one guy need that he's so concerned... I suspect there is some greedy agent behind this.

Talk about a cancer to a team though... what a piece of crap this guy is either way.