Home Metal Detecting
Options

An Hours worth of finds from Saturday.

I hit the little camp that I found the US coat button at. This is also the place where I found 6 or 7 old catholic medals. It had rained a little and that made digging easier and the signals a little better.

The item on the right is a ramrod guide for an Indian trade Musket. The center item is suppose to be a sight for the same type of Indian trade rifle. Also got my second thimble from the site, those are allways a neat find. Not bad, I hope I can get back and hit it somemore before the grass grows.

Close up of the guide.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    Nice work IHM!

I saw your post on the Indian Artifact forum the other day about the ramrod guide.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Where there's thimbles, there's usually.... buttons! image

Cool musket piece. image
  • Options
    any other buttons come out of this site (other than the US coat)?
  • Options
    3 flats and the US Coat. I've only hunted the site for about 6 hours total, so there are likely some more in there. The ground had been hard so I haven't been digging the iffy signals till this last hunt. I'll probably put at least 6 more hours into the site, if it keeps producing like this I will hunt until I stop getting good targets. The pocket of good targets is only about 40 yards square, so the area has been covered well.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice!! Sounds like an old site IHM.
  • Options
    ..........image..