Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What a shame

I got the Memory Lane Auction magazine in the mail today and it to 76 pages until I found a football card. Then I turned to page 78 and it was done. What about vintage football, I thought we were the next goldmine? I will be putting a bid in for the Don Hutson Rookie though.

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FavreFan1971, I too see that football is ignored for the most part in major auctions and by most collectors in general. And I think it's a great thing. It's one of the main reasons I chose to collect vintage football 15 years ago. I hope it continues to be under priced for at least 15 more years. By your handle I figure you are 35 years old and will continue to collect football. 30 years from now when the prices are 50 times higher and you are ready to retire, you will be glad you could amass a great collect for your enjoyment or your retirement. I hope football remains the biggest secret in the hobby for a long time. P.S. I know its not a big secret, but under valued for sure in most cases. Good luck on the auction FF. BTW, I have an unopened box of 1991 Ultra football if you are interested. Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    I was disappointed too. It seems baseball collecting now is like when we were kids. More baseball cards get "flipped", and it seems football cards get stashed away into collections. Vintage football is still undervalued after 3 years of price increases. Let's keep that our little secretimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion