Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Card orientation in holder....

For most of the cards in my various sets, whent a card is horizontal, the tag is on the right. I have a few that are opposite, i.e. the card is upside down in the holder.

Has anyone else came across this issue - and will PSA fix it as a technical error?

Paul H.
www.disc-or-die.com
www.jamesbondcards.com
www.vintagestarwarscards.com
paul@disc-or-die.com
transparentpunk@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    PSA makes no attempt to be consistant on the orientation of horizontal cards. Of course that would be a nice feature/service. Look at it this way - if the card comes back with the flip on the 'wrong' side from your viewpoint you can keep resubmitting knowing that you have a 50/50 chance to get it the way you want and eventually after lots of dollars spent the majority of your cards will look the way you want them.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    All over the place on mine, even within the same set. That actually doesn't bug me as much as some getting holdered with baggies and some in the holders they are supposed to be in.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I've got a 71 Greatest Moments that's backwards, really annoying. I suppose you could send it back for reholdering.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I had a whole stack of ..13 cards with misspellings or wrong numbering. I sent them all back as technical errors, and included the one that I wanted turned right-side-up. I'll post how it turns out (if they do reholder it, or refuse). I'm hoping that they want to make their customers happy... and that they fix it.

Now that I started this thread, I looked at more cards and did find more that are not consistently oriented.

It really bugs me when there are misspellings on the tags too. Even such minor things as calling "Han Solo" ... "Hans Solo", or calling "Tatooine" ... "Tatoonie" (I'm a Star Wars collector). If it's not right (i.e. absolutely perfect), I hope they will correct them... which in my mind, also includes consistent orientation of the cards in the holders.

Paul
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    It is disgraceful that this happens--it really annoys me that some consistency cannot be applied to this very simple criteria. DISGRACEFUL. image

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough