Home Sports Talk

March Madness blows!!

Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Whatever talent that was in college basketball this year dissappeared this weekend. Gimme a break!! Bradley beating Kansas??? Tennessee loses?? Top teams are winning by 2 pts??? I think the stock just went down on the new NBA talent.....Out

Comments

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Uh, I think that's why most people like March Madness. Heck, where do you think the Madness part comes from?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • March Madness blows!!

The most exciting sports playoff system blows image

I take it you had Iowa, Kansas, Tennessee and Nevada in the final four.
  • A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I love a good upset.

It all comes down to laziness and unprepared teams who have underestimated their opponents, or in the case of MSU, a purely over-rated team with uncapable personnel.

• Carew29 reminds me of this guy at work who picked the highest seed in every matchup and then got all pissed off when upsets happened

Not sure how long you've watched March Madness Carew but the upsets and the fact that any team has the chance to be the cinderella team of the tourny is what the tournament is all about

• << <i>Whatever talent that was in college basketball this year dissappeared this weekend. Gimme a break!! Bradley beating Kansas??? Tennessee loses?? Top teams are winning by 2 pts??? I think the stock just went down on the new NBA talent.....Out >>

You're such a front running bandwagonner.....out

• tennesse was the most overrated 2 seed of all time. People were suprised they even got a 2 seed.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Like everyone said - what the heck are you talking about?

The unexpected results, and competitive games, make the tournament what it is. If you don't like it, maybe you should be watching Kobe and 4 other guys lose to the Clippers by 37.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Whatever talent that was in college basketball this year dissappeared this weekend. Gimme a break!! Bradley beating Kansas??? Tennessee loses?? Top teams are winning by 2 pts??? I think the stock just went down on the new NBA talent.....Out >>

What, do you think you're Jim Rome?

Grow up...upsets are bound and determined to happened. And the coach of Tennessee (and admitted as such) that they were surprised to get a 2 seed, and predicted they'd have a tough go of it in the first round (he was right).

I think the stock went UP in the NBA talent level, and you sure have a lot of people watching, waiting for the next upset.

• << <i>Whatever talent that was in college basketball this year dissappeared this weekend. Gimme a break!! Bradley beating Kansas??? Tennessee loses?? Top teams are winning by 2 pts??? I think the stock just went down on the new NBA talent.....Out >>

You need to watch a tournament called "March Sanity" or "March Predicatbility"...that would be more suitable for you.

Leave the real sporting events to us real sports fans.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not in a pool... but there have been great upsets and that makes it the tourney what it is...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I very very mildly follow college hoops but I was watching the Gonzaga game and that star player on their team with the shaggy hair. I forget his name. Anyways, he looks like a great shooter but his hustle is next to nothing. NBA defensive studs will eat him alive if he doesn't learn to move around more. He walks around too much instead of trying to lose his defender. That JJ guy on Duke though, he seems pretty good. I like his intensity.
  • These are easily the 4 best days of sports of the year.

It's also the time when I actively root against myself. I have BC going to the Final Four in my pool and I was rooting for a Pacific upset. I love to see these small schools pick up a win or two in this tournament.
    Always looking for T59 Flags.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

No i didn't pick all the favorites---Picked Northwestern State,Alabama,George Mason,I had UNC Wilmington with a 6 pt lead with a minute left, just watch them blow the lead. Picked Davidson to upset Ohio State and almost pulled it off.

My final 4 are Duke,Connectitut,Memphis,Villanova----Duke,Villanova---Duke--winner

My 16 was--Duke/Iowa(out)---Memphis/Pittsburgh---Connectitut/Illinois(out)---Indiana(out)/UCLA---Iowa(out)/Texas---Florida/Northern Iowa(out)--Villanova/Boston College(out)---North Carolina/Tennessee(out)---
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    This should mark the begining of a long trend that should have started a few years back. The so-called power conferences have been getting WAY too many teams into the Tourney for years. As the power house schools loose their best players as underclassmen to the draft it leaves them vulnerable to the mid majors who have solid teams -- sometimes with a real stud -- that have played together for years. To hear all of these pundits state that a team with a .500 record in a power conference deserves it more than a top tier team in a smaller conference always has bothered me. I never understood how a .500 record was "earning" you anything. I for one would love to see how some of the stronger mid major schools would have fared in one of the power conferences over the course of a season. Seeing as how these power conferences are loathe to schedule these schools for fear of exposure we will never know. What the tourney shows year in and year out is that there is good ball being played outside of the ACC and Big East.

Go UCLA!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards