Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards I made are back from DNA - 16

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous! Can you explain the "wood grained" ones a bit more? Are those game-used stick slices?
  • Options
    Absolutely beautiful! You are an artist.
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Your cards are absolutely stunning. Hopefully PSA will broaden the registry to include PSA/DNA authenticated slabs such as yours so that HOF players in all sports can be represented by cuts.
  • Options
    One word: AWESOME. Your talent is inspirational.

All are GREAT, but that Ace Bailey is one of the prettiest works of art I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles:

King Clancy is off the chart (they all are). How'd you make out with Howie Meeker?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Darn...all I see are the red Xs.

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    The Ace Bailey and Eddie Shore are awesome.

Your work is top shelf Knuckles.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Watching your progress is cool. You are getting real good! I lik ehow you NEVER cut the sig, but make a cool desgn. You should work for Upper deck, sow them how to do it!!
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    VERY nice---I espessially like how the cards fit around the sig, as opposed to it being cut off, like with most cards.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much guys.

The Sawchuk, Mahovlich, and Horton all came from a game used 1966-67 Brian Conacher stick - signed by the majority of the Leafs. Being that Conacher wasn't exactly the greatest hockey player ever the stick met it demise on the table saw. image

Thanks again for the kind words and support.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

image Wish the 'real' card companies would make cards that nice ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    AWESOME CREATIONS GARRET!!!

Hey don't sell these cards, keep them and do a complete Hockey Hall of Fame set. That would be awesome.
    I just want to let everyone know Garret (Knuckles) Morrison is the best, His cards are absolutely one of a kind. I've decided to have him create the whole Baseball Hall of fame set for me starting with vintage, this will be truely amazing.

Here are 3 New cards he just created for me this week.

I'm a fan of his work.

Jery

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Man, those are impressive.
    Fantastic job!...jay
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Watching your progress is cool. You are getting real good! I lik ehow you NEVER cut the sig, but make a cool desgn. You should work for Upper deck, sow them how to do it!!
    image >>

That's what I thought too. The scary thing about Garrett is that he's like Albert Pujols-- he keeps getting better!

Just a fantastic job on these cards. You should be proud as punch at how they came out.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Garrett - as a collector who pays little (read: no) attention to hockey, I have to tell you that your creations are absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Geordie
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garret

That's some really nice artwork.

Superb!

I especially like how you work with the sigs and their particular shaping - like with the Joliat card!

You're the best!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Awesome work
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Incredible- as usual.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Garret,
    You are one of a kind dude !!!

Absolutely outstanding work image

TC
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    Garrett, yet again, more amazing stuff!

Are you going to be at the Vancouver show next weekend?
  • Options
    Beautiful, simply beautiful
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Awesome
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Garrett, that is fanatstic work! Somne of your new original designs are tremendous! They'd look great coming out of any company's wax pack!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Garrett, Those cards are unreal. They look way better then alot of the factory issued ones!
    My wife is into scrapebooking and she said "I wonder if he is a scrapebooker?" I just had to laugh.
  • Options
    Thanks again all! I'm always surprised to see an overwhelming response for my work, definitely makes my week. image

Jery, doing a HHOF set is on my list of things to do but I'm not quite ready for that endeavour.. I really want to add a game used Terry Sawchuk stick and Jacques Plante stick to my collection first and they won't be cheap. I'll be selling these cards on eBay (may keep 2 though) and put the money made towards the game used sticks when I find them one day.

My wife is into scrapebooking and she said "I wonder if he is a scrapebooker?"

image I can't see myself doing that.. you can tell her my wife does scrap-booking though. image

Whew! Thanks again! image

- Garret
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks again all! I'm always surprised to see an overwhelming response for my work, definitely makes my week. image

Jery, doing a HHOF set is on my list of things to do but I'm not quite ready for that endeavour.. I really want to add a game used Terry Sawchuk stick and Jacques Plante stick to my collection first and they won't be cheap. I'll be selling these cards on eBay (may keep 2 though) and put the money made towards the game used sticks when I find them one day.

My wife is into scrapebooking and she said "I wonder if he is a scrapebooker?"

image I can't see myself doing that.. you can tell her my wife does scrap-booking though. image

Whew! Thanks again! image

- Garret >>

I just realized I wrote scrapebooking instead of scrapbooking. image
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭

Un - pucking - believable!!

Garrett your work is phenominal. I hope your passion and effort starts paying off for you. You more than deserve it.

All the best, Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Those are the nicest red x's I've seen in a long time!image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Thanks Bob. image

Dizzy, fixed the x's.. ran out of bandwidth on signaturecuts.com where I was hosting them. image
  • Options
    Great work as usual !!

Cheers! Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    Tremendous cardsimage
    Can't wait till you try footballimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Absolutely WOW !!!!!!!!image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Fantastic work...shame that you'll be selling off most of them. I don't know that I'd be able to part with those beauties.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Very nice. I wish I could afford your work. I have a dozen or so Negro League autographs that need something done with them.

Edit- please post or PM your website. mudflap gave it to me a long time ago but I can't find it.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Like a master's work in any field, if you can't appreciate Garret's talent, you can't appreciate anything in life.

Gotta love'em...

hh
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    The Sawchuck's are SICK! I want one.
  • Options
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles...

That's some incredible pieces of artwork you've created there. The card companies could definitely use your help in creating auto cards where the signature shows completely as yours do.

Keep up the great work!!!

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Garret--Like the others who've responded to your photos, I am very, very impressed. Your choice of photos were in very good taste, ditto for the variety of designs and colors. I was particularly moved by the Terry Sawchuk with Toronto. As a Chicago Black Hawk fan in the mid-to-late-'60's, I was privileged to witness his 100th shut-out on TV. That was my introduction to Mr. Sawchuk, and I became a fan of his, though I still loved my Hawks. Later, it was Terry Sawchuk who demoralized and brought down the best Hawk team in history during the 66/67 playoffs. From what I've read about him during those playoffs, I think Terry was the one who deserved the Conn Smythe. I mean no disrespect to Mr. Keon, or the rest of his teammates, great as they were that year. Nevertheless, as rock-hard as that Leaf defense was, the Hawks and the Canadians still got off many shots on goal, but were destroyed by Terry Sawchuk. Anyway Garret, if there was one card I would personally love to own, it would be your Maple Leaf Terry Sawchuk, but it would not surprise me if that is one of the few you KNOW you must keep. I wish you the very best in your quest to get a game-used Sawchuk and Plante stick. Say Garret, here's an idea: In The Game no longer has an NHL liscense as you probably know. Perhaps ITG's Brian Price would have those very game-used sticks in their memorabilia-card-making resources (or should I say, what's left of Terry and Jacques's sticks). If he does, I picture he would be most sympathetic to your quest to make a few cards of each and sell you what you wish, for a reasonable price. It's sure worth a try, as you probably only need a small portion of the stick. Brian might even have the portion you might want the most, whatever that would be. If it works out, you'd save a LOT of money, and thus be able to keep perhaps all of your created cards. Lastly Garret, what computer program do you use to create your cards? I'd love to try doing that, or have a friend help me do so. Take care, and keep the fiery hockey collector-warrior passion! -Indiana Jones
  • Options
    Thanks for the great reply Indy. Sorry for the late response.. I didn't notice it until now.

I actually just received game 5 and 6 from that series on DVD image Haven't had time to watch it but when I do I'm going to savour every fearless save.

I actually had a few talks with Brian Price at the last Toronto Expo.. incredibly nice guy and there was a tiny bit of talk about me working for him in the future if he can get licensed again. Good idea regarding the sticks I'll ask him if he has any kick'n around for sale that are intact.. I couldn't chop up a Sawchuk/Plante game used stick nor could I own one that has been. I would be sick to my stomach when looking at it. I doubt he would be willing to sell his stuff just yet, I'm sure he'll get licensed again sooner or later by the NHL and continue making fantastic hockey cards much nicer than those made by Upper Deck.

I use Adobe Photoshop 7 and Corel Draw 12.

Thanks again for the kind words and for putting a smile on face talking about the great Sawchuk. The Sawchuk will be on eBay next week, nothing I've made is safe from selling during my quest to bank enough money for the game used sticks. image eBay id: shutoutkings

- Garret
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    jacques plante looks eerily like anthony hopkins in silence of the lambs.....

whoah!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    lol yeah I see the resemblance image