Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

complete BGS sets ?

teh BGS registry has been around for a year (?) or so now - was just curious if anyone knew if anyone has completed a set in BGS
collecting:
1990 leaf in (10)
1986 topps mets (10)
2008 ring kings cut signatures
any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)

Comments

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    There's a 86-87 Fleer complete basketball set that is over 9, I believe
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    That registry hasn't taken off yet, but I'm confident that it will at some point. Maybe not for vintage sets, but for modern insert sets and such it will eventually have its niche. We here like to bash on Beckett, but let's face it-- nobody is a more creative force in the hobby than the boys from Texas. If they want the registry to take off they'll start hyping it in their magazines, and before you know it people will be lining up to put together a complete 2002 Back to Back Jacks set in BGS 9.5, or whatever.
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    I have a 1957 Topps Basketball set 100% completed on Beckett's Registry with scans if you would like to take a look.
  • Options

<< <i>I have a 1957 Topps Basketball set 100% completed on Beckett's Registry with scans if you would like to take a look. >>

wow nice set man congrats! - did u submit the whoel thing urself to BGS or did u buy them graded ? or a little from each ?
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

One thing I've noticed is that it's not all that easy to find the Beckett Registry.
    From Beckett's homepage, amongt all the advertisments to buy various stuff, I couldn't find a link to their Registry.

Finally had to Google it. Anyway, it's good to see that it's up and running and prospering.
    Regardless of grading company preferences, we're all here because we love this hobby, so in that way it's all good ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Thanks DayWalker. I started grading the raw cards (complete set plus doubles) I had about 3 years ago even before Beckett started their registry. Since that time I have done just about what every other collector does to upgrade the cards in the set using Crossovers mostly PSA 7's and 8's I obtained on EBAY than cracking them out to send to Beckett. Also took a chance on some raw stuff and a couple of deals with other collectors mostly on the PSA message boards. As with all vintage sets it is a work ( Albeit a Expensive one) in progress. I like to have some variety in my collecting and have sets on the three major registry's PSA(1948 Bowman+Others)/SGC(1961 Fleer+Others/Beckett(57 Topps). I think we need the three major grading companies to stay competitive it keeps them on their toes and is a win/win for us collectors.