Home Sports Talk
Options

Football Brother Acts

Given the possibilityof a Vick-Vick backfield in Atlanta someday, I was thinking about brother-acts in sport in general. It seems to me at first glance that bro combos are much more commonplace in baseball and hockey than in football......can anyone name any notable grid brotherhoods?

I'm dating myself when I start thinking the likes of Lew and Preston Carpenter, Alex and Ted Karras and Dick and Ed Modzelewsi.

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The Barbers - Ronde & Tiki

Weren't Bruce & Clay Matthews Brothers also?
    Travis
  • Options
    There are 300 brothers who have played in the NFL. The list is in Adobe on the Hall of Fame page (http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/brothers.jsp)
  • Options
    I remember Glen & Lyle Blackwood. Both DBs if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peyton and Eli

Steve
  • Options
    Keith and Kerry Cash. Both TEs.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Peyton and Eli

Steve >>

Eli's not much of a player...so that doesn't count image
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Carlester and Alge Crumpler. I went to High School with Carlester, and then Alge attended my college-I had already graduated but was employed by the university and used to speak to him occassionally.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Were Sterling Sharpe and Shannon Sharpe brothers?? if so they were two fine pass catching machines.
  • Options

<< <i>Were Sterling Sharpe and Shannon Sharpe brothers?? if so they were two fine pass catching machines. >>

Yes Sterling and Shannon were brothers.

How about the Blades brothers--Brian and Bennie--flashes of greatness there, if ever so brief.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    How bout Rhonde and Tiki Barber....
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    A firend of mine's dad and uncle both played...Jim and Paul Seymour

<< <i>There are 300 brothers who have played in the NFL. The list is in Adobe on the Hall of Fame page (http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/brothers.jsp) >>

Great list!

I didn't know that Randall and Sam Cunningham were brothers.

Also some that I saw on the list but have not been mentioned:

Chris and Matt Bahr
    Mel and Miller Farr
    Koy and Ty Detmer
    Charlie and Pete Gogolak
    Bob and Mike Golic
    John and Charley Hannah
    Matt and Tim Hasselback
    Rahib and Quadry Ismail
    Jay and Joel Hilgenberg
    Bruce and Clay Matthews
    William and Michael Dean Perry