Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

$100 Pesos Bimetallic State Coins

Is anyone collecting the $100 Pesos Bimetallic State Coins, I saw them in a coin magazine and on ebay. Looks like they are doing the same thing as the US state quarters, accept they are doing the mexico states. Is there anyone her collecting them. Do you think set will go up in value or will it just fade away. I was thinking about doing it. The coins are not cheap but could be a fun set. Just wanted to see if anyone knew much about it or is collecting them. I saw on ebay that they sell a map just like the state quarters. Looks liek they started the set in 2004

Comments

• Options
    If you like it then do it imo.

If it's only a short set then you could always move onto something else in fairly short order.

Will they go up in value ? If they don't they'll always make for a nice present to the kids or grandkids. image
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I collect these..............image
  • Options
    I will be back to mexico in June/July and can bring back some for you if you are looking for any in particular. They sell them at money/gold exchanges in Puerto Vallarta, including silver and gold bullion coins. The prices are pretty fair as well, as collecting coins is not real big in Mexico.
    Collecting cleaned, scratched, scraped, AT and ugly POS coins for over 2 years now!
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone collecting the $100 Pesos Bimetallic State Coins, I saw them in a coin magazine and on ebay. Looks like they are doing the same thing as the US state quarters, accept they are doing the mexico states. Is there anyone her collecting them. Do you think set will go up in value or will it just fade away. I was thinking about doing it. The coins are not cheap but could be a fun set. Just wanted to see if anyone knew much about it or is collecting them. I saw on ebay that they sell a map just like the state quarters. Looks liek they started the set in 2004 >>

So is anyone collecting these? I collected both series. And have talked to BJ about setting up a set. It looks promising in the near future.