Home Metal Detecting

a few from today

hunted hard today but was not finding much a few wheats and a hand full of clad . had to go to work for a bit then back at it . hit a side walk demo and got a very nice 1901 quarter . i'v looked at it about 20 times and i can't seam to make a S mint show up if it was a S mint it would be about $15,000.00 .that would be sweeeeeeet . also on the same spot got a 1903 V nickel .
as i was cleaning the finds i did find that i had a 1909 wheaty no S and no VDB .
the small key is a old ford key it has 72 on one side and ford on the other. not sure what that is but it is not 1972 i will have to do a search and see if thats mayby the 72nd one made , maybe. what do the first car keys look like ?
also a 1940 dog tag
1940 & 1961 nickel
wheats 55d, 53d, 54s, 29, 28s, 09, 13s
thanx for looking
HH vincent

Comments

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds. That Barber has lots of detail left..musta been dropped while fairly new.
    imageimage

• Full Liberty... Sweet! Looks to be in the best coin running. If you can get a little better pic it may help your chances.

Once again, nice work Vincent!!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Geez Vincent, you're a silver magnet lately. Wanna trade machines? Mine only finds copperimage
    Nice find again!!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG!

Man, it's been about ten years since I dug a Barber quarter... image

That really green cent in the picture- is that the 1909 Wheatie? 'Cause a lot of the IHC I dig have that green color. I know right away I have an Indian when I see it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.