Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1962 Topps Frank Robinson #350

Can anyone explain to me the higher price for this card?

I see the card has a Pop lower than many 8's especially star cards.

Is the card a Short Print?

Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    No unusual forces at work here, just the laws of supply and demand as influenced by:

- Hall of Famer
    - perceived scarcityimage
  • Options
    The card is rarely found centered. If your lucky enough to find it centered with sharp corners, many times there are surfaces issues such as print snow. Four and 1/2 years ago, a perfectly centered one came up on ebay. I bid $435 at the last second before any sniping services were available. At the time, smr was something like $200, so I felt pretty confident that I would win the card, but I lost out to one other bidder. Last year, a couple of way-off-centered ones went for over $1,000. If I only knew then what I know now.... image
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Franky is a tough one (all of the #340 - 350-ish cards are).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    IMO, the Frank Robinson card is the toughest HOF card to find in PSA 8 grade or better from the 1962 to the present, and might be one of the toughest of all Topps cards ever made to find in a high grade.

If a nicely centered PSA 8 was ever to go off on ebay I would guess that it would bring something in the 1500-2000 price range.
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • Options
    Its not so much the centering on this card, it is the fact that it is always plagued with snow.
    I love candy cards
  • Options

<< <i>Its not so much the centering on this card, it is the fact that it is always plagued with snow. >>

Kinda like this one (cannot believe it did not get a pd qualifier)...

62 Frank PSA 8
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    Hard to believe that this example got an "8" from PSA.

It has more snow on it than the state of Conecticut.

I would give it a 7 at best.

Buy the card, not the label.
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej