Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Assitance with a Web host for loading pictures needed.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who can suggest a good web host for loading pictures at this site and other stuff of that nature?? I'd like to be able to get by on less than $10/month with at least 20MB. Can someone give the name of a reliable host they know/use?? Certainly I can use Google or another search but I figure I'd trust the forum opinion above all else. Also, I was planning on using Ipswitch WS_FTP Home to navigate, but again, if someone has software that they feel would work best please feel free to make the suggestion.

And not to be a nag or appear stupid image but if someone could set aside an hour or two to PM and help me set this thing up, I'd certainly be indebted. I need to start moving past the use of the PCGS server and the 50k restriction.

Thanks.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    priv msg sent
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I hear photobucket.com is good.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "I hear photobucket.com is good."

Pretty easy to use and HEY...IT'S FREE!
  • Options
    You can use Photobucket if you want. I have used their free service in the past and it works well enough. They offer 50MB or you can upgrade to their premium package for $25/year for 1GB. You can get all details from the link. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Only reason I haven't signed up for it, comcast gives you 20mb.
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    pbase.com is a site dedicated to hosting images. I tried several and they are the best I've seen. link Sorry but I can't help with hosting ebay pictures I've never done that, but need to learn how myself.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options

<< <i>Only reason I haven't signed up for it, comcast gives you 20mb. >>

I also use Comcast for my images.
    If you haven't noticed, I'm single and miserable and I've got four albums of bitching about it that I would offer as proof.

-- Adam Duritz, of Counting Crows

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Use Yahoo, they have a photo area which is free LINK.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Your ISP undoubtedly gives you free webspace. Another place to go it Dot Easy. They are a web host that is free!

I use their "ultimate" web hosting for $97/year. I can setup multiple domains under my URL. I set up one specifically for web hosting called "imaghost".
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    I use aspwebhosting.com. There's www.winsave.com, www.canaca.com, and others. Just do a search for "cheap web hosting" and you'll get plenty of choices.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Hi ... I will host for pcgs slabbed coins :-) I don't even care what they are ... just as long as they are pcgs slabbed. I have a dedicated server that I pay for anyway and am not using it for much right now. Tell me your domain name and what user name and password that you want and I'll set you up. You can have just about as much space as you want. After you are up and running, send me a leftover, can't sell it pcgs slabbed coin every once and a while. I don't care how little it is worth.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I've had good luck with www.applepics.com 100 Megabytes for $9 a year, individual image files can be up to 2 Meg. You can create an unlimited number of albums under your account and you can specify them as public or private.
  • Options
    well, about the best i can do now is to use the 10Mb that my provider allows, i can't seem to get things to work at another site and i frankly don't feel like screwing around with things. thatnks for the help and offers, you guys are the bomb!!

• Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    How! those are some excellent photographs!
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options
    have never had a problem with photobucket.com's free serviceimage
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    You probably have some webspace with your internet service provider. I would be sure to use that since you’re already paying for it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    well, after screwing around with my ISP's provided personal web-space, i finally went to the link provided for Photobucket. it seems to work fine and isn't difficult at all to access and use, unlike the ISP's site which is always giving me problems like the one going on now. thanks for all the help.
  • Options
    Feel free to use the free Gallery on my site if you want - I believe I have it set to 40MB per user, 1024 X1024 max. You load, then you can grab the url underneath the pic for copying and pasting. You can create your own albums and sub-albums, private if you wish, etc. I originally set it up for all my coin buds. I can't seem to set it for unregistered users to see and explore the Gallery unless I make it so they can upload too (which I don't want to do), so you'd have to register (unless someone familiar with that software can tell me how to get around that).
    24HourForums.com - load images, create albums, place ads, talk coins, enjoy the community.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I use PBASE.com which charges me about $40/year and I couldn't be happier. I currently have over 550MB of pics stored. One neat feature with pbase is if you upload an 800x800 picture, it will automatically make versions in 400x400 and 160x160....Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sites are listed on Startlogic and I've found them to be excellent image (and really cheap... $6/month for 50GB)
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file