Home Sports Talk
Options

My personal heartfelt tribute to Terrell Owens

stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Lol, that's great. I wonder if PSA will pull that. It's funny in the meantime.
  • Options
    Are you trying to say he's #1 in your book? image
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Best spot-on-post I have seen in a while. WGAS about him except for himself.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

• Options
    Funny thing is is that if McChoke didn't struggle like he did in the S.B and Philly wins the game, you Eagle fans would be singing praises of T.O for playing one unexpected terrific game coming off the type of injury he suffered
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny thing is is that if McChoke didn't struggle like he did in the S.B and Philly wins the game, you Eagle fans would be singing praises of T.O for playing one unexpected terrific game coming off the type of injury he suffered >>

Well the bottom line is that the Eagles won their two playoff games that season without Owens because if you remember he was injured. And also the bottom line is the Eagles did not win the Super Bowl with Owens. McNabb tried to force a lot of passes to Owens in that game, a number of which fell incomplete. Perhaps if Owens wasn't in that game McNabb would have spread the ball around better and the Eagles could have won. Of course perhaps the Patriots would have won by more points if Owens wasn't in the game. But in any event the fact is that the Eagles lost the Super Bowl with Owens in there.

Owens wasn't the main reason for the Eagles poor record last season but certainly Owens was part of the reason being an awful distraction to the team. I am glad, QUITE GLAD, to be rid of him! And I am expecting a nice rebound season upcoming for the Eagles. I think McNabb will have his best season ever and the Eagles will win the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    I'm sure Owens feels the same way towards Philly lol

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Funny thing is is that if McChoke didn't struggle like he did in the S.B and Philly wins the game, you Eagle fans would be singing praises of T.O for playing one unexpected terrific game coming off the type of injury he suffered >>

Anyone with any sense gives Owens plenty of credit for his performance in the Super Bowl. It was gutsy and a fantastic effort given his injury.

The problem lies with the fact that T. Schmo led many to believe that he was taking one for the team. We found out later that he again was playing only for himself and his wallet.

This does not sit well in Philly where they literally put his name in lights on one of the city's tallest buildings (ironically also the hotel where most visiting teams stay) when he signed with the Eagles.

For all of this, he is dead to us.

I hope that he signs with a team that plays in Philly this year. I don't care what team it is, I will keep this pair of seats from my season tickets so that I can join the masses at the Linc in celebrating his demise.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Owens feels the same way towards Philly lol

I doubt it. TO never had a problem with the city, team, or fans. It was about money, and he wanted more.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions