Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about Beckett Marketplace

I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem (not a problem yet); but it looks like I may have goofed last night. I was doing a search for Derek Roy Sp Authentic rookies and it popped up showing 4 dealers (including Dave & Adam) that had them. D & A had 1, another dealer had 1, and 2 others had 6, and 4. D & A had it for the lowest price of $7.20 so I went ahead and purchased it. I got the receipt for my Paypal payment thru Beckett Media LLP. So afterwards, I decided to go back and maybe pick up the other 1 which was the second highest at $8. All 4 dealers was still listed with the quantity # next to their name, so I decided to click the "view detail" for the 2nd highest and it said "out of stock". I thought to myself "uh-oh", so I went back to D & A and clicked "view details" and it said "out of stock" as well. I was wondering maybe I purchased something that was out of stock since they were $6 cheaper than Ebay final prices. I clicked on the other 2 dealer's "view detail" and it shows the quantity available which was the same outside next to their name. I went back this morning and checked again and still all 4 dealers showed up with the same numbers as last night, but closer inspection with "view details" for the 2 lowest show that they are out of stock. I'm thinking why doesn't Beckett remove these once someone has made the purchase, and secondly if I did purchase something out of stock; is the situation rectified immediately? Anyone else gone thru this?

Comments

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I've bought something that was out of stock a few times, and they refunded my payment within 24 hours.
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    you should get a refund.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    I am a marketplace dealer and i must say that we have discussed this for a while. If an item is sold, most of the times it goes out of stock and is removed from the marketplace. Other times it remains on the marketplace and it needs to be done manually... There has not been a real good reason why this happens but i guess it can happen anywhere wer there are more then 50 million items.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, when I buy from the BM (rarely anymore - prices can be outrageous), most dealers have the cards I request in stock. One exception is Burbank Sportscards - they are notorious for not having an updated inventory. Very frustrating when looking for a hard to find card and get told that they don't have it. Course, partially in their defense is the fact that they have a kajillion cards to offer.

Geordie

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Well, I haven't received any sort of notice yet whether I may indeed have gotten that 1 item or not. I'm thinking since it was so cheap, I may have purchased an out of stock item that the title was just sitting there. We'll see within the next couple of days.
  • Options
    Well I dug this out of the abyss as I did a search about Beckett MP to see what others might have posted before. Well, figures... I shoulda looked first I guess. I ordered 9 cards of a player from one dealer (it was cheap so not a huge purchase) but wanted to save on the shipping by getting them in one transaction. Well, came home from work and there was an email at 12:10 pm from Beckett customer service telling me oops...there was a problem and the dealer only had 2 of the cards. Wouldn't you know there was another email at 12:21 pm from the dealer saying they had shipped and they had refunded the extra amount. Wow what fast shipping. I have already emailed Beckett's customer service and the dealer. I know it is not a lot of money but they could have given me the opportunity to cancel the entire order since they could not deliver it in full. What a truck load of BS. I know I will get no satisfaction but oh well......
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    Interesting points. Beckett is a very strange place indeed.
  • Options
    I purchased through paypal. I wonder if I can open up a dispute just to be a pain in the ...
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    why not??

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't concentrate on the question brought up in this thread after seeing Geordie's author iconimage
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.