Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANACS Gold Specials

BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
Before ANACS started to use the new holders, they offered two gold specials:
1) $9 per coin, 9 day turn-around and 9 coin minimum
2) $15 per coin, 5 day turn-around and 3 coin minimum
There were no restrictions on the value of the coins submitted. Does ANACS still offer these specials?

The closest services on the new ANACS form are:
1) 10-Day Standard service at $15 per coin, which is a 66% price increase compared to the old 9/9/9 special.
2) 3-Day Solid Gold service at $20 per coin, which is a 33% price increase compared to the old 15/5/3 special.

I doubt ANACS would offer these specials with the new holder. However, I would be fine with the old/smaller holder. Anyone tried to request these old gold specials? What was the response?

Comments appreciated.

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people (myself included) used ANACS because they were less expensive than PCGS or NGC. Since their slabbing fees have gone up there is less incentive to use their services.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if ANACS still offers on the Gold Specials?
    I emailed ANACS regarding the Gold Specials, but haven’t received any response. Perhaps with the move to the new site, customer service is not available.

Does anyone know if they still offer their previous Gold Specials?
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to the ANACS discussion board website and ask that question. You'll get an answer real quick.
    Have a nice day
    Are you referring to the Coin Community Forum (http://www.coincommunity.com/) or a specific ANACS discussion board? If it is the CC forum, that site has only about 15-20 post today, not much traffic.

Still haven’t received a reply from ANACS on the gold specials.

• First of all, have you called ANACS? The phone number is (800) 888-1861. That is one way to find out quickly.

Secondly, Coin Community Forum is getting 200-300 posts and over 5000 page views per day. Since it was only launched February of 2005, I would hardly say that they don't get very much traffic. When was the last time you were there? While we are far from having the amount of activity that CU has, we certainly do get a fair amount of traffic. There are over 31,000 posts and almost 800 members - not bad for 13 1/2 months if you ask me. Where did you get your information of 15-20 posts per day?
    Education...the key to collector success!
    ANA#R216999
    WINS#482
    EAC#5255
    CONECA#N-3902
    Coin Community Forum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file