Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Mis-labeled card from PSA

I just started collecting again after a 10 year hiatus and began having cards graded. I recently had one come back with the wrong name on the card. I have e-mailed PSA once a week for the past three weeks with no response. Is this a common problem? I assume they will fix it if I send it back but I can't find any help on the website. I guess I'll have to give them a call since they won't reply to my e-mails.
Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

By the way, I have a couple of great auctions on e-bay if anyone is interested. One lot of 272 EX-NM 1972 Topps commons and also lots of 1968 and 1969 Topps. Search for seller mkg809.

This is my first post after visiting here for the past month or so. These boards are very informative!

I'm currently working on Reggie Jackson Basic and Master sets. If anyone has 8's or 9's for sale let me now.TextText

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    give them a call on monday!

LINK to your listings.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Is this a common problem?

not at all. They will fix it.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I have it from good authority that if you are emailing to info@psacard.com it's got a good chance of falling into a "black hole". Call BJ or Cosetta or send them an email. It's just a mechanical error that can be fixed for free, especially if you can hand deliver the card to PSA at a local card show.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    here is a PSA error that I recently purchased.......it will work in my favor also, since the seller didnt mention it in the description.....the card has no black loop making it rarer than w/loop as the card is labeled.........
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    If your not in a hurry, my favorite way is to save them for the National. It's nice to hand them to them in person and they fix them with no shipping charges and hand them back to me.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I brought 3 cards to them at the Fort Washington show and they had me fill out a submission form. You need to check off OTHER and write mechanical error. Also for the grading fees write the number of cards @ 0 fee for a total of 0 dollars and 0 for the return shipping fee for a grand total of $0.00 dollars.
    You may want to call them first though.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I ran into this recently with some 85 Topps I sent in labeled as 83 Topps I e-mailed Psa about it and almost forgot about until I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, I will paste the exact e-mail I received from PSa about what to do. Pretty much milbroco has it correct, but here is the e-mail anyways-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

You must submit the card on a new submission form under the “other” service level. You will check off “other” and write “mechanical error” on the line. Please make note of the error on the submission form, just under the car description.

We will compensate you for the shipping to us with a grading voucher and will pay the return shipping. Please remember to sign the bottom of the submission form. The turnaround time is approximately 10-20 days.

Please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service via e-mail or by phone, 1-800-325-1121, should you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Nikki Olivarez

Customer Service

Collectors Universe, Inc.

NOlivarez@collectors.com

• Options

<< <i>here is a PSA error that I recently purchased.......it will work in my favor also, since the seller didnt mention it in the description.....the card has no black loop making it rarer than w/loop as the card is labeled.........
    image >>

interesting that they labeled this one correctly but completely differently than yours?????????

• Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    The first one is much older (#063), wheras the second (#314) was probably sent in within a year, so PSA probably just changed the labeling somewhere along the line.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com