Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

John Unitas Master Set

image I have the #1 Unitas master Set and a buyer who wants me to price it. What is the Philosophy in Set pricing. Do we Keystone them or what??????????????// Need some help in being fair in pricing. Thank you in advance. HELP. l_morrison@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't get much help in this forum.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    What is that? Golf clubs?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, go ahead and keystone them!image
    Doug
  • Options
    How old do you have to be to "Keystone"?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Keystone" Isn't that a type of cop? image
  • Options
    i tacklled him a few times...and he threw me an interception too....maybe the master set should be mine for not hurting him when i hit him....

reason being it should be mine is

if i hurt him there would be no master set

good logic??

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monsterman

You crack me up. image

Your logic is flawless - I hope you get the set.....

(But I suspect the author of this thread has no idea it is in this forum and is missing all our valuable advice)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    just curious.......i know that the original poster wont look at this because he cant find it...........but what the hell is a johnny unitas master set..........i know johnny unitas was the baltimore colts qb in the 50 and 60 but what is his master set all about...........sounds like some sort of cult thing...........the one holding the J.U. master set gets to drink from the goblet eleven times...............and then

if anyone wants to go from there they are more than welcome to
  • Options
    A master set would be every card of him. Every year every licensed manufacturer.
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    wow every card thats is impressive.....................cool I learn something every day................i still like thinking there is a johnny unitas cult out there somewhere.
  • Options

Sounds like a cool set!

I know I have couple of OJ's in my mother's attic somewhere. Wonder if they are worth anything??
    Doug
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know I have couple of OJ's in my mother's attic somewhere. Wonder if they are worth anything?? >>

Only if he finds the real killer.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    All my OJs have slash marks on them now. I don't know how they got that way.
  • Options

<< <i>i tacklled him a few times...and he threw me an interception too....maybe the master set should be mine for not hurting him when i hit him....

reason being it should be mine is

if i hurt him there would be no master set

good logic??

monsterman >>

Monsterman--the set should be yours-- Of coarse ole Johnny U might have got up and kicked you in the nuts, or poked your eye out too. So sitting and looking at your new set might be unconfortable!!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I think I even have an OJ 49'er....

Has anyone collected a Monsterman Master Set? image
    Doug
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Monsterman, that is not the way Johnny U has told it.image

Odd though, I have 2 Johnny U cards in at PSA right now....1959's I think.

what year did you start MM?
  • Options
    '73
  • Options
    I have the Sponge Bob master set maybe we can help each other?
  • Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    I think the master set would have to be priced much less than the sum of its parts. I know that I wouldnt be able to sell my Chris Webber master set for anywhere near what I paid for it.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    monsterman: Too bad you got to play against the "old" Johnny U.

You would have had a blast trying to keep up with the "young" Johnny U. He was something.

But then again you had to deal with some great Quarterbacks in your day.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>monsterman: Too bad you got to play against the "old" Johnny U.

You would have had a blast trying to keep up with the "young" Johnny U. He was something.

But then again you had to deal with some great Quarterbacks in your day. >>

Man, those were the days ... Staubach, Bradshaw, Stabler, Manning, Tarkington, Griese, ....
    Doug