Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got My Garrett 250Pro

Took it out to the back yard and went around an old tree...it went off at 8+ inches...started to dig lots of tree roots and the hole started to fill with water...I will have to redig when it kinda drys out...went on out in the yard and it sounded some more...this time I did not dig because I would have the same problem as before..just have to wait until the ground drys out...but it works.

Comments

• Options
    Hows the pinpointing going for you? Here is a good link to help you with it. Pinpointing with the Ace series.

When I used the 250 I found it gave many false signals which was due to the sensitivity being set too high. I had to drop it down to 4 bars and everything worked like a charm. It was quite the little coin vacuum I must say, and it was a pleasure to swing compared to my GTI 2500. I was also impressed at how well it slammed the nickels and id them.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well Thank Ya Goldrush...my first find EVER was a 2 in bolt.... and it was just a few minutes ago...as it started to rain.
  • Options
    Goldrush, what is the deepest depth you ever found a coin with your 250?
  • Options
    I borrowed a friends 250 for 3 days and the deepest signal was a 1911 Wheatie at around 7-8 inches. So my experiance with the 250 was very limited.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well while you had it how did it compare to you GTI 2500, beside weight, what differences did you notice. What were your likes and dislikes about the 250?
  • Options

<< <i>Well while you had it how did it compare to you GTI 2500, beside weight, what differences did you notice. What were your likes and dislikes about the 250? >>

The GTI is the top of the Garrett line and has many,many more options than the ACE. The 250 is a fine machine but it's like comparing apples to oranges between the two. The only thing I did not like about the 250 was it's lack of a volume control. I wear headphones that don't have independent volume controls, because the GTI has adjustable volume. When I used them on the 250 it about rang my head off as the factory set volume is quite loud.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes it sure is loud, I do not know how one would use headphones with it...without getting ear damage.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes it sure is loud, I do not know how one would use headphones with it...without getting ear damage. >>

That's where a good set of headphones with individual volume controls is needed.
    imageimage
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I also have a 250 and I found a part to a toy gun at 14 inches. I first located a lincoln but I don't recall how deep and when I swung the 250 over the hole I got more signals and kept digging. You are right about the sensitivity being set too high. Lots of false signals for sure.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Well you guys have taught me to turn down the sensitivity...so that I will do.and not to put on headphones unless they can be controlled by earphones with volume controls.....As I detect in that Alabama clay with lots of iron in the soil....I guess I will have to turn it almost all the way down....