Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

New MTG PSA 10's

I think I have been getting good at predicting grades. I just submitted some pack fresh cards and got some awesome 10's!

All Unlimited:

Mox Emerald 10 !!!!!
Mox Jet 10
Shivan 10
Regrowth 10
Berserk 10
Cyclopean Tomb 10
Gauntlet of Might 10
Sol Ring 10
Icy Manipulator 10
Psionic Blast 10
Underground Sea 10
Timetwister 9

I also got many more 10's in minor rares and some uncommons like counterspell. The rest were all 9's except for 3 cards that were 8's. I submitted 32 cards, of which half were 10's. So I thought I would share the good news.

I have about 80 more UL cards to submit. the nicest ones being Badlands, Tropical Island, Bayou, Force of Nature, several Berserks and Sinkholes, Mana Flare, Goblin King, and a host of minor rares. I also am submitting some off center pack fresh rares that should get 9's.

Jason
Seeking 1984 Donruss PSA 10

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering

Comments

• Options
    OUTSTANDING! Nice set of cards Jason, way to go. Even if they are white border :wink:image

Question? Did you purchase a box to acquire the cards or did you have these set aside already?
  • Options
    I opened about 9 starter decks to get these cards and others I have aquired from ebay sellers. Occasionally, I get burned, but a few ebayers really did have pack fresh cards. My grading standards are strict so my submissions are generally very good.

By the way, how does your PSA 10 Mox sapphire look? I know that some PSA 10's have small dings and scratches on the back. Would you be able to send a front and back scan to my email? bakedziti1977@yahoo.com

Jason

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    BTW Len, do you have an UL unopend starters?

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    Wow, you really got some good cards out of that box from D&ACardworld!!! I take it you didn't have too much of a problem with mill lines? Good luck with the rest of your submissions image .

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    You don't get those roller marks from the starters; that is why I only buy them. Every pack I have ever seen, though has those lines.

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    Hey Jason,

I checked the Sapphire we have at the office and it is very very close to pristine. No scratching visible on the back under 10x and no roller marks. The front appears the same but it is harder to tell with the white background and border plus the fact it is sealed in the slab.

I used to have a couple starters that had been sitting in our Vault but I opened them last month so I could send in the singles to be graded. Both decks were almost perfectly centered and out of the 76 cards I sent in, 57 came back Gem 10. I also pulled Moxes (Jet and Ruby) 1 out of each deck (to the chagrin of Spacebaby who wanted sooo badly to buy the sealed decks but decided against it) to make the break spectacular. I do not currently have a line on any additional decks but I would be happy to shop around should you wanted some.

I'll take the Mox home tonight and send you images of it AND the Gem 10 Sapphire I own and you can compare them side by side. Personally, I think my scanner sux so I assume no liability for the quality (or lack of) with the image but I'll do the best I can.
  • Options
    Nice grades.

On a side note: What does anyone think a PSA 10 Mirror Universe is worth??? What's a fair price???

I'd like to see peoples input.

Thanks,
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    Raw NM/M typically sells for about $60-70 Steven. My guess would be $175/200 as the current pop is only 2 of this card and it was the "Key" piece for early collectors when they built this set. Mana Drain has overtaken it raw value wise but it is an uncommon and there are already 9 Gem's for that card. That's Len's 2 cents.
  • Options
    Nice cards Jason,
    Like i told you in mail : I am jaleous of the underground sea ;-)
    On the Mirror PSA 10 :
    I think Mirror Universe worth arround 60 USD. PSA 10 worth 2-3 times the price. But since there is only 2 now. I think it worth more 3 time the price than 2. So i think minimum is 140 USD and max is 180-200 USD.
    Bastien
    Collecting MTG cards from Alpha to Antiquities.
  • Options
    I have a PSA 10 Mirror Universe. I got it on ebay for about 150. BTW, Bastien, that Crusade looks great. I popped it out of the holder nad I am resubmitting it. Sorry for not getting back to you about the Sengir. I can sell it if you'd like. I also have a very nice PSA 9 Time Walk that I want to get rid of. It is perfect front and back as well as centered. the one slight flaw is a very minor fingernail ding on the face of the card where the skeletons are walking. You can only see the ding if you tilt the card in the right direction under strong light.

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    Yes the cards i sell this week on ebay are super nice too. Good luck with the submission !
    For the sengir i sent you a mail image
    I don t want every one to know that you sell me awesome cards for 1/4 of the price they worth imageimage
    See you later,
    bastien
    Collecting MTG cards from Alpha to Antiquities.
  • Options
    i saw one go a few months ago for $144 which i thought was a great deal as this is such a cool card i dont know why legends doesnt get more respect than it does some truly remarkable cards!
  • Options
    I am the one who bought that Mirror Universe you saw. The card was exactly gem. PSA didn't miss any flaws on that one.

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    Check this out!

1 XXXXXXXXX 1993 MAGIC-GATHERING BIRDS OF PARADISE BETA 10

Got a second psa 10 beta birds, well centered to boot!!! Yeeehaw!!!!
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    Hey Steven,

Sweet - nice pickup image

Is it as nice as the one you already have? Is it a crackout or a raw acquisition? Either way, it's nice to see a beautiful card like that get a good home!! Did you submit any other cards - let us know how they turned out too.

Take it easy,
    Jared

PS - I sold a few extra raw cards and used the $$ to put together a submission; I'll let you know the results when they arrive (probably around July... image ).

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    tmmoosetmmoose Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Yes - congratulations - I can't believe there are that many BoP's floating around that didn't see play so it's great to find one in such good condition!
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but its a regrade. It is very well centered. I could not see any flaws that would cause it not to be a 10 when it was encased as a 9. After a while, I just had to crack it and really examine the card. The centering is damn near 50/50, the corners were sharp and the surface was great. However, after alot of scrutiny I did find a tiny tiny nick on the top of the card. From what I saw, this was the only reason it would be a 9. The rest of the card was perfect. If beckett graded it it, would prrobably have like a 8.5-9.0 edges, and be a 9.5. On the psa scale, that's a 10. In regards to the first one I have, I never crack it to closely examine the card image

Both are pretty much perfect centering. We all know haw hard it is to find a well centered bird anyway.

I've been grading a bunch of unlimited and selling alot of the 10's to Michael. I do have some unlimited 10's and 9's as well, if anyone is interested. I really haven't pick up alot of betas like I used to, once my betas got pretty much done.

Anyway, its probably the nicest and rarest card that I have personally graded.
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    Here's a list of my extra unlimiteds right now. I have another 200 in just submitted. They're available in bulk at discounted prices. On many, I just want the grading costs for them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

psa 10

rare uncommon common
    clockwork beast regrowth cop white
    illusionary mask psi blast x2 disintegrarte
    raging river serra angel drain life
    veduran echantress swords to plowshares drudge skeleton
    anmate dead frozen shade
    blue ward llanowar
    castle prodigal sorc
    clone x2 scryb sprites
    evil presence unholy strength
    gloom
    iron star
    scavenging ghoul
    wall of air
    wall of fire
    wall of stone

psa 9

rares uncommon common
    copy atifact demonic tutor sinkhole
    crusade hypnotic specter craw wurm
    demonic attorney ice storm creature bond
    earthquake sengir vampire dark ritual
    force of nature swords to plowshare earth bind
    gaeas leige animate artifact flight
    gauntlet of might blue ward holy armor
    island sanctuary castle howl from beyond
    living lands channel ironroot tree
    natural selection cursed land lightning bo;t
    nether shadow control magic plague rats
    pirate ship deathgrip power sink
    purelace dwarf demo samite healer
    reverse damage earth elemental sea serpent
    time vault instill energy spell blast
    web juggernaut unholy strength
    word of command karma war mammoth
    keldon
    lance
    ife force
    sacrifice
    simulcrum
    soul net
    tunnel
    water elemental
    white ward

psa 8
    rare uncommon common
    animate wall berserk. cop white
    chaoslace counterspell earthbind
    elvish archers hypnotic fog
    farmstead icy manipulator giant growth
    fastbond camoflague healing salve
    forcefield channel ironroot treefolk
    fork conversion mesa pegasus
    helm of chatzuk cursed land merfolk
    jade monolith deathgrip pearled unicorn
    lich glasses of urza shanodyn dryads
    mana short goblin balloon shatter
    mana vault green ward spell blast
    mind twist hurricane
    northern paladin jade monolith
    reverse damage living wall
    scrubland phantasmal forces
    wheel of fortune phantom m onster
    red ward
    rod of ruin
    stone giant
    wall of ice
    wall of stone
    wanderlust
    Text
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    image that cut and paste didn't work. If you want a easier to read list, email me. sorry for the way that last post looks.
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    tmmoosetmmoose Posts: 253 ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure tromagic would be interested in a number of those cards ... although he has been quite quiet lately. It might be worth e-mailing him directly to see if you can get his attention! Let me know if you don't have his e-mail address and I'll let you have it.
  • Options
    Hey Steven,

Thanks for the info on the Birds - nice job either way. I have cracked out lots of cards but I'm unsure of resubmitting. My problem is that the more I do this, the fussier I get; I can always seem to find a problem with any card image . The small batch I recently submitted has 4 crackouts - 2 should upgrade and 2 probably won't. The 2 that won't are ones that I added to my submission before I cracked them out. After cracking, I didn't figure they were worth sending in, but I already had my invoice filled out and didn't want to redo it. Oh well, $10 free for PSA...

Let me know how your 200 card Unlimited submission goes - it is nice to see more and more of them graded. I am interested in a few of your extras, if no one else makes you an offer (I always get outbidded image ).

PSA 10
    Castle
    CoP: White
    Clockwork Beast
    Clone
    Disintegrate
    Illusionary Mask (probably can't afford)
    Iron Star
    Prodigal Sorcerer
    Verduran Enchantress
    Wall of Fire
    Wall of Stone

PSA 9
    Crusade

Take it easy,
    Jared

• Options
    Michael, I've got most of Bastiens remaing cards in graded condition, usually psa 9. Once he decides he wants to pay attention to his set, I'm sure he will email me to flush out his set. I'll leave it to the two of you to battle out supremacy.
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    How much for your clockwork beast UL PSA 10. I'll paypal you now.

Jason

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    Congrats Jason on the PSA 10 mox sapphire. I'm the one you outbid on that card.

Anyaway, I sold Michael a psa 10 unlimited clockwork beast for $50. So make me an offer at: skarpman7@comcast.net

Steven
    Steven Karpman
    "spacebaby" on ebay
  • Options
    hey eric,

i have a psa 10 ul mox sapphire for sale on ebay under munchjs. i won tow of them recently and relisted one of them if you are still interested. I paid 800 for it and i presume the auction will go for about that. throw a bid if you are interested in one. Anyway, i looked through my pile of ul cards to submit and it turns out I have a clockwork beast, but maybe I should get a 10 anyway since who knows if mine may get a 9. So for an offer....$40?

Jason

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering