Home Sports Talk
Options

New Book States Bonds Used Steroids

Take it for what you will

I have been stating this for a long time now, so all of you people who say "definitive proof, yada, yada" can stuff it.

However, it's too bad he doesn't take 'roids anymore. I want to see more 500ft blasts from the King himself.

Barry is the best ever period. Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, etc. all wish they knew the performance benefits of steroids.

Edited for grammar

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new book says that the sun will rise in the East!!!
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Barry is the best ever period. >>

yeah, the best doper ever, period.

So you are for cheating, is what you're saying? Breaking the rules doesn't matter?

I take it then you agree with me Rose should be in the hall?
  • Options
    The extent of his use is very deep! THe question isn't, "What type did he take?," it is WHAT DIDN'T HE TAKE!!

He took everything from steroids made for steers(yeah cattle!), to a female hormone enhance(I'm not kidding), I believe the name is Chlomid.

I can't wait to see the spins on this. I just heard an interview with Dusty Baker, and he is saying it is a sad day, even HE couldn't spin it too well, because the evidence is so overwhelming. He did sound foolish when he said he had "NO IDEA" he was taking something, even though a known steroid guy was allowed in the clubhouse, AND even though he recognized how big Barry drastically became. He played stupid to cover his a$$.

Most of the info is public record, and some of it is still concealed, with plenty of testimony, and pretty darn concrete. The investigative reporters had multiple hours with big time lawyers before they even ran with the info.

The rampant use began after the 1998 season...does the term egomaniac mean anything to anyone?

Even though he was on a Hall of Fame path before roids, coupled with being a jerk his whole career, this has an outstanding chance of keeping him out of the hall, even though it may not merit a suspension from baseball.

Stupid people will still believe he is inncocent, because stupid and sports fan usually goes hand and hand. Unfortunately for the intelligent sports fans, of which there are many, the stupid usually rears its head higher.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been stating this for a long time now, so all of you people who say "definitive proof, yada, yada" can stuff it.

However, it's too bad he doesn't take 'roids anymore. I want to see more 500ft blasts from the King himself.

Barry is the best ever period. Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, etc. all wish they knew the performance benefits of steroids. >>

Barry is the best ever? Are you Sh*ttin me? (Man I hope you're being sarcastic)
    Barry is a self absorbed A**hole, this we all know.
    Living here in the Bay Area unfortunately I get to see it more often than most

He is getting what he deserves now.....FINALLY !!!!

"Winners never cheat and Cheaters never win" (remember that one?)

Hopefully if we are forced to watch him play again he'll either

A) NEVER see a ball over the plate again.
    (he can work on that "all time walks" record doing all the dope he wants)

OR

B) Take a high hard one inside, right to the earhole, and experience a career ending concussion

Sorry guys, I'm a purist and I can't stand what he's done to the game.

Peace, out
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Barry is the best ever? Are you Sh*ttin me? (Man I hope you're being sarcastic)

OR

B) Take a high hard one inside, right to the earhole, and experience a career ending concussion

Peace, out >>

Second (except for the beaning, I never wish injury upon a player image )!

Keep in mind, this comes from a poster who praises a roided up player in his sig line. Speaking of, you really should change it to:

Look closely and you will see the bat bend (which is actually an optical illusion)!! What an astonishing display of strength (thanks to steriods).
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have been stating this for a long time now, so all of you people who say "definitive proof, yada, yada" can stuff it.

Barry is the best ever period. Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, etc. all wish they knew the performance benefits of steroids. >>

Barry is the best ever? Are you Sh*ttin me? (Man I hope you're being sarcastic)

OR

Peace, out >>

You Said It All.I Agree and I am being HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!Barry can take a hike!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry Bonds is a farce.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Look, I'm being serious here. Barry will end his career as the best ever, albeit not without being the most controversial player in history as well.

Is he a work class self-absorbed a-hole? Absolutely and without a doubt.

Is he the type of player that I will tell my kid about in the future in regards to representing the game well? Maybe, but not before mentioning others.

Does his personality take away from his accomplishments (steroids or not)? Not in my opinion.

So, he will go down as the biggest cheater ever, but baseball has been full of cheats since it was invented. Bonds simply took advantage of the technology available in his time and succeeded to become the best ever.

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options

<< <i> I can't wait to see the spins on this. I just heard an interview with Dusty Baker, and he is saying it is a sad day, even HE couldn't spin it too well, because the evidence is so overwhelming. He did sound foolish when he said he had "NO IDEA" he was taking something, even though a known steroid guy was allowed in the clubhouse, AND even though he recognized how big Barry drastically became. He played stupid to cover his a$$. >>

Knowing Bonds' past tactics, we all know what the spin will be. Obviously, the race card will be drawn. Obviously, this is the white man's agenda to bring Barry Bonds (a black man) down. Remember, he has had to fight this racism all his life. Of course, he fails to mention that he was born with a big fat silver spoon in his mouth that greatly diminishes the race factor he keeps mentioning.

Either way, he is screwed. He can get the HR record and people will call him a cheat and give him a hard time. He can quit now and everyone will say how even with the designer drugs he couldn’t pass Aaron and is thus a failure. Once again, he is simply screwed.

For me, I don't care. His skills may never be seen again.

• Options
    Here is a comment from another board that really got me thinking:

<< <i>How come Curt Schilling gets his Achilles tendon injected with cortisone, etc. and pitches in the W.S. and is hailed as a gutty 'hero', while 'roids users are 'cheats.'

Do they both not allow the person to do something that they would not - under "normal" circumstances - be physically capable of? >>

BTW - Cortisone - "Although different in chemical composition than anabolic steroids, cortisone falls into the medical category of steroids."

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    waitwaitwaitwait

You are comparing a Cortisone shot with steriods?

Okay, I can see this arguement will go no where productive.

I'll be happy to discuss this topic rationally with you when Cortisone will increase one's body mass 10 fold and is the indirect/direct (depending on to whom you speak with) result of a premature death.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry guys, I'm a purist and I can't stand what he's done to the game. >>

is this the same game where babe ruth was a drunk,ty cobb was a racist ,joe dimaggio was the biggest jerk ever, mantle was a drunk and committed adultry. pete rose was a gambler, the same game that went on strike and didn't have a world series, ended the all star game in a tie and drugs are used a whole lot more than people think. a sport that lives off greed.

to me barry bonds is just another baseball player.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry guys, I'm a purist and I can't stand what he's done to the game. >>

is this the same game where babe ruth was a drunk,ty cobb was a racist ,joe dimaggio was the biggest jerk ever, mantle was a drunk and committed adultry. pete rose was a gambler, the same game that went on strike and didn't have a world series, ended the all star game in a tie and drugs are used a whole lot more than people think. a sport that lives off greed.

to me barry bonds is just another baseball player. >>

Yes, because we all know how much alcohol helps you to be a better player.

What's the point of your post? 'Pete Rose was a gambler'? Yes, and that affected him getting the most hits of any player how? The all star game ending in a tie? How's that relevant?

Can I nominate your post for inane post of the week?
  • Options

<< <i>Look, I'm being serious here. Barry will end his career as the best ever
    (NOT)

albeit not without being the most controversial player in history as well.
    (partial fact as him and Pete Rose sadly share this honor now)

(he's not working class and yes he is an a**hole)

Is he the type of player that I will tell my kid about in the future in regards to representing the game well? Maybe, but not before mentioning others.
    (he only represented HIMSELF, and what others might you mention?)

Does his personality take away from his accomplishments (steroids or not)? Not in my opinion.
    (Your correct here in that being an a**hole shouldn't affect his accomplishments, but his drug use should)

So, he will go down as the biggest cheater ever
    ('Nuff said) >>

And for the record, I am a long time A's fan living near Oakland, California.
    The photo shown in your signature is actually McGwire during our 25th anniversary season in 1992.
    Much to do was made about this photo and the "appearance" of his strength. But the truth finally revealed was that the bat was BREAKING, not bending. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    For the love of the game
  • Options

<< <i>is this the same game where babe ruth was a drunk,ty cobb was a racist ,joe dimaggio was the biggest jerk ever, mantle was a drunk and committed adultry. pete rose was a gambler, the same game that went on strike and didn't have a world series, ended the all star game in a tie and drugs are used a whole lot more than people think. a sport that lives off greed.

to me barry bonds is just another baseball player. >>

Your obviously not a baseball fan and must be posting after tossing a few back yourself with "the Babe" image

Sorry dude, had to do it. image
    No offense,
    TC
    For the love of the game
  • Options

<< <i>Can I nominate your post for inane post of the week? >>

does your mommy know your on the computer again ? i have read a few of your posts and you have nerve asking anyone that question. and if i really want your opinion i would give it to you.

<< <i>Yes, because we all know how much alcohol helps you to be a better player. >>

it has nothing to do with alcohol, gambling, steroids or the all star game tie
    i was talking about the lack of purity in the game, bonds didn't do that by himself all i was saying was he had people ahead of them that helped.and he will have people behind him too.
  • Options

<< <i>
    does your mommy know your on the computer again ? i have read a few of your posts and you have nerve asking anyone that question. and if i really want your opinion i would give it to you.
    >>

Oh wow that's highly original. Try again buddy. Your opinions are as well thought out as a fortune cookie from panda express.

<< <i>
    it has nothing to do with alcohol, gambling, steroids or the all star game tie
    i was talking about the lack of purity in the game, bonds didn't do that by himself all i was saying was he had people ahead of them that helped.and he will have people behind him too. >>

He said the purity of the GAME, not the purity of the PLAYERS you simple minded twit. Everyone has their faults, players who indulged in alcohol OFF THE FIELD, and who knows what else. Bonds has soiled the game ON THE FIELD.

There's a massive difference.

Now that you've been spanked, time for you to get to bed. Make sure you have your mommy tuck you in tight, so you don't have too many nightmares of the beatdowns that will surely haunt you.
  • Options

<< <i>Bonds has soiled the game ON THE FIELD. >>

how many times did you see him take steroids while playing in the outfield.

and thanks for spanking meimage it made my day

check and mate
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Bonds has soiled the game ON THE FIELD. >>

how many times did you see him take steroids while playing in the outfield.

and thanks for spanking meimage it made my day

check and mate >>

Bonds' unethical actions gave him an advantage on the field against other players.

The other instances you mentioned (alcohol problems, racism, being a jerk etc.) did not give the player an advantage in the game.

Very big difference. Do you understand?
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda split of the Steroid topic. In one sense, half the crap in a GNC will help make you very big and very strong. All of that stuff is ok. So what makes Steroids different? The only real difference is that Steriods are illegal and the fact that they work faster and better than anything that is legal.

I worked out a lot when I was younger and I got into a lot of creatine and protein supplements. I got big quick. Not Barry Bonds big, but bigger than what I was. I think a lot of people could get "steriod" big without the steriods, it would just take a lot longer and it would take a natural body type to handle that much muscle (some people can't get that big no matter what).

So really, future players will find a way to hit 800 HR's legally. It's just a matter of time. To say that it is an unfair advantage to past players is true, but kinda unfair. It's not todays players faults that technology is constantly advancing. We can't put astericks by everything.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm kinda split of the Steroid topic. In one sense, half the crap in a GNC will help make you very big and very strong. All of that stuff is ok. So what makes Steroids different? The only real difference is that Steriods are illegal and the fact that they work faster and better than anything that is legal.

I worked out a lot when I was younger and I got into a lot of creatine and protein supplements. I got big quick. Not Barry Bonds big, but bigger than what I was. I think a lot of people could get "steriod" big without the steriods, it would just take a lot longer and it would take a natural body type to handle that much muscle (some people can't get that big no matter what).

So really, future players will find a way to hit 800 HR's legally. It's just a matter of time. To say that it is an unfair advantage to past players is true, but kinda unfair. It's not todays players faults that technology is constantly advancing. We can't put astericks by everything. >>

Steriods are illegal because people can DIE or irreversibly harm their body from using it. The government has deemed it to be a controlled substance similar to cocain, heroin, etc because it can cause death. Sure, there are people who have used these substances without dieing, but the government has deemed it to be not worth the risk to keep it legal.

On the other hand, the substances sold at GNC do not normally cause death...unless you stuff it down your mouth and choke on it.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

MLB bears as much blame for the current situation as any player that juiced. The league ignored the problem and capitalized on it to bring fans back to the game. The players of course neglected any sense of personal ethical responsibility and treated themselves like drugged racehorses.

To that effect, records will stand albeit unfortunate and fake.

My one consolation is this. Under the dress that Bonds wore last week he most likely has testicles the size of M & Ms - plain not peanut. Better living through chemicals my a$$.
  • Options

<< <i> Steriods are illegal because people can DIE or irreversibly harm their body from using it. The government has deemed it to be a controlled substance similar to cocain, heroin, etc because it can cause death. Sure, there are people who have used these substances without dieing, but the government has deemed it to be not worth the risk to keep it legal.

On the other hand, the substances sold at GNC do not normally cause death...unless you stuff it down your mouth and choke on it. >>

Please, educate yourself instead of sounding like an uneducated idiot. Smoking and alcohol kill many more individuals every day than steroids ever will. And smoking and drinking kill many innocent lives every year. Steroids are illegal because there is big money at stake to keep them illegal. Many doctors were also against the idea of making steroids illegal due to a variety of reasons. Also, every time an athlete dies, STEROIDS always come up. But the truth is that steroids contributed but were not a major factor.....other things such as cocaine, pain killers, and especially diuretics are to blame. Not saying that steroids are good when ABUSED, but people are misinformed.

But, the health issue is not what this thread discussion is about....the thread discussion is about Barry's cheating. Yes, he cheated. Baseball players have always cheated.....he cheated more and benefited from a winning combination of size and SKILL......others didn't. Barry wins...END OF STORY.

Anyone else who thinks differently is simply stuck in the past. Hey, we're all guilty of it since it is wonderful to think of simpler times when baseball was the national past time.....but it is easier to analyze the past in hindsight.

• Options

<< <i>MLB bears as much blame for the current situation as any player that juiced. The league ignored the problem and capitalized on it to bring fans back to the game. The players of course neglected any sense of personal ethical responsibility and treated themselves like drugged racehorses.

To that effect, records will stand albeit unfortunate and fake.

My one consolation is this. Under the dress that Bonds wore last week he most likely has testicles the size of M & Ms - plain not peanut. Better living through chemicals my a$$. >>

No, we the fans are to blame if blame even exists. We packed the stadiums to see the balls fly out. MLB was just doing whatever necessary to meet demand and profit.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Look, I'm being serious here. Barry will end his career as the best ever
    (NOT)

albeit not without being the most controversial player in history as well.
    (partial fact as him and Pete Rose sadly share this honor now)

(he's not working class and yes he is an a**hole)

(he only represented HIMSELF, and what others might you mention?)

(Your correct here in that being an a**hole shouldn't affect his accomplishments, but his drug use should)

So, he will go down as the biggest cheater ever
    ('Nuff said) >>

And for the record, I am a long time A's fan living near Oakland, California.
    The photo shown in your signature is actually McGwire during our 25th anniversary season in 1992.
    Much to do was made about this photo and the "appearance" of his strength. But the truth finally revealed was that the bat was BREAKING, not bending. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. >>

Sorry, meant to say that Barry was a world class jerk, not a working class jerk.

Also, the photo doesn't matter to me. It is a great still shot. Thanks for the update, though.

• Options

<< <i>Please, educate yourself instead of sounding like an uneducated idiot. Smoking and alcohol kill many more individuals every day than steroids ever will. And smoking and drinking kill many innocent lives every year. Steroids are illegal because there is big money at stake to keep them illegal. Many doctors were also against the idea of making steroids illegal due to a variety of reasons. Also, every time an athlete dies, STEROIDS always come up. But the truth is that steroids contributed but were not a major factor.....other things such as cocaine, pain killers, and especially diuretics are to blame. Not saying that steroids are good when ABUSED, but people are misinformed.

But, the health issue is not what this thread discussion is about....the thread discussion is about Barry's cheating. Yes, he cheated. Baseball players have always cheated.....he cheated more and benefited from a winning combination of size and SKILL......others didn't. Barry wins...END OF STORY.

Anyone else who thinks differently is simply stuck in the past. Hey, we're all guilty of it since it is wonderful to think of simpler times when baseball was the national past time.....but it is easier to analyze the past in hindsight. >>

Wow. Just wow.

At the risk of sounding like an uneducated idiot, but compelled by the greater risk that anyone who reads your post will think you have any idea what you are talking about, steroids are dangerous. Really, really dangerous. Risks include kidney and liver cancer, jaundice, high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes (in addition to acne, hair loss, mood swings, and shrinking testicles). Barry Bonds WILL die well before the actuarial tables predict; I'm taking bets if there are any actual uneducated idiots willing to throw some money away.

Smoking and drinking kill more people than steroids? File that one under freakin' obvious. Smoking and drinking kill more people than arsenic, too; it has something to do with how many more people use alcohol and tobacco than drink arsenic I'm guessing.
  • Options
    It amazes me that people continue to want to defend Bonds.

And saying that tobacco and alcohol kill more people than steroids? Duh. Really? I HAD NO IDEA!

Megatron, what would you do if everyone was allowed to take steroids, and everyone started hitting 500 foot bombs. That would take away from the specialness of it, no?

Bonds saw McGwire get all the attention of hitting home runs and got jealous...he couldn't allow anyone else to steal 'his' spotlight. He's a petty man who had a great career going until he soiled it with this garbage in an effort to grab fame and money.

He had a hall of fame career before he started juicing, but now, if I were voting, I would absolutely not vote for him.
  • Options

<< <i>It amazes me that people continue to want to defend Bonds.

And saying that tobacco and alcohol kill more people than steroids? Duh. Really? I HAD NO IDEA!

Megatron, what would you do if everyone was allowed to take steroids, and everyone started hitting 500 foot bombs. That would take away from the specialness of it, no?

Bonds saw McGwire get all the attention of hitting home runs and got jealous...he couldn't allow anyone else to steal 'his' spotlight. He's a petty man who had a great career going until he soiled it with this garbage in an effort to grab fame and money.

He had a hall of fame career before he started juicing, but now, if I were voting, I would absolutely not vote for him. >>

1. Not defending the guy, just his accomplishments.
    2. yes, if everyone hit 500 foot homers, then who would care. That is what makes what he did so much more special and great. Heck, if everyone drove a ferrari, would it be an exotic anymore?
    3. Other points are good points, but i would vote for him without a doubt.

• Options

<< <i>
    Please, educate yourself instead of sounding like an uneducated idiot. Smoking and alcohol kill many more individuals every day than steroids ever will. And smoking and drinking kill many innocent lives every year.
    >>

LOL ever take a statistics class? Please....you're the one that needs to educate yourself.

The reason there are more alcohol/smoking deaths than steriods deaths is simply because more people drink/smoke than shoot up steriods.

Steroids have a legitimate but very limited medical use. Using steroids merely for sports athletisism enhancement = ABUSE

And yeah, "Think Muscle" sure is an unbiased source when determining the dangers of steroids...lol hahahah

• Options
    Hey guys, did you know that smoking kills way more people than ingesting plutonium?

I guess that means smoking is way more dangerous than ingesting plutonium right?

LOL hehehehehe
  • Options

<< <i> LOL ever take a statistics class? Please....you're the one that needs to educate yourself. >>

Yes, I have. Taken many in fact. I wasn't stating it in a bad way towards you, just in a helpful way.

<< <i>The reason there are more alcohol/smoking deaths than steroids deaths is simply because more people drink/smoke than shoot up steroids. >>

On the surface your analysis seems correct, but does fall apart under further scrutiny. What we need to look at is the mortality rate among smokers, alcohol users, and steroid users. I do not have the stats but am willing to bet the farm that even if there were as many steroid users as smokers and alcoholics, the deaths from steroid use would be no where near what the smokers and alcoholics experience. In an apples/apples comparison, smokers and alcoholics die more often. And I'm giving them the benefit of not accounting for the innocent people killed by smokers and alcoholics.

<< <i>Steroids have a legitimate but very limited medical use. Using steroids merely for sports athletisism enhancement = ABUSE >>

Yes, steroids save many lives every year. Abuse in sports is a subjective issue discussed throughout this thread. Obviously, I'm in the minority in my thinking but stick to my guns.

<< <i>And yeah, "Think Muscle" sure is an unbiased source when determining the dangers of steroids...lol hahahah >>

Hard to argue against the facts. Check the footnotes, especially about the congressional records.

Anyway, who cares about the health of these stars? Does MLB ever mention it? Does the Olympic committee ever mention it? Perhaps, but not before hammering the "integrity" aspect into our heads a thousand times.

• Options

<< <i>Hey guys, did you know that smoking kills way more people than ingesting plutonium?

I guess that means smoking is way more dangerous than ingesting plutonium right?

LOL hehehehehe >>

Your analysis now borders on childhood antics. You make it seem as if one shot in the arm of a steroid will result in immediate death, which is far from the truth. Ingesting plutonium (which a human has no business doing) would result in immediate death.

Plus, many steroids convert to test, which is a naturally occurring hormone in the human body. Plutonium, last time I checked, was not a natural human substance......unless judging by your comments, you have ingested some leading to your inane responses.

• Options
    megatron, you're not cheating when you shoot up....really you aren't...really

lol
  • Options

<< <i>Your analysis now borders on childhood antics. You make it seem as if one shot in the arm of a steroid will result in immediate death, which is far from the truth. Ingesting plutonium (which a human has no business doing) would result in immediate death.

Plus, many steroids convert to test, which is a naturally occurring hormone in the human body. Plutonium, last time I checked, was not a natural human substance......unless judging by your comments, you have ingested some leading to your inane responses. >>

First you need to get your money back for those statistics classes you took, and then you need to stop, take a deep breath, and think about this a little.

Taking a single shot of steroids is obviously less dangerous than smoking 350,000 cigarettes (one pack per day for about 50 years). Again, let's file that one away under freakin' obvious. But, a single shot of steroids is far more dangerous than a single cigarette. I'm about the same age as Bonds, I've smoked about 200,000 cigarettes so far and have no intention of quitting, and I will be shocked beyond words if Barry Bonds is not dead many, many years before I am. It is a relatively recent phenomenon that there have been people of such galactic stupidity that they are willing to use steroids and that those steroids have been so readily available. I would guess that someday when there are mortality studies on the subject, you will see that steroids are about halfway between smoking and plutonium in terms of how much they reduce a lifespan if used to the degree that Bonds has used them.

And insulin is a naturally occurring substance, too. How about we have a little contest where every hour I smoke a cigarette and you inject 1 cc of insulin? It won't take long since you'll be dead or in a coma before the day is over. Too much of anything can kill you.
  • Options
    Barry Bonds is a cheater, lyer, wife & girlfriend beater, Tax-evader, and just an everyday A%#hole....ready to drop the race card anytime it will divert the attention away from his problems that were all SELF-CREATED.

But....

he will break the all-time HR record

he will go into the Hall of Fame

he will not get punished in any way for the cheating by MLB

.......and ESPN and a whole bunch of idiots around here will be running around calling him "the greatest of all-time." (this started about 5 years ago)

Reality sucks.

Our sports "heroes" are regular people with problems, I think we sometimes forget this.
  • Options
    Interesting

Check the first full paragraph on page two.
  • Options
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I did not read all this crap. Regardless, Barry Bonds is a disgrace to the game of baseball..
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...