Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP: Kirby Puckett

Mr. Puckett has passed. May he rest in peace. I am truly saddened. He was always one of my favorite players.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was tragic also.

Kirby was a really great ballplayer.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't believe it. I was out-of-town all weekend, logged on today, and my saw it on my homepage (espn.com). Unreal.
  • Options
  • Options
    RIP Kirby!
  • Options
    My ex wife was on the ER floor at Scottsdale Osborne where they brought him in. Have yet to contact her to find out other details.

God bless Kirby Puckett & his family. Those highlights of the 91 Series makes me miss my Dad. We watched that series & were into every pitch even though we did not care who won. One of the best World Series ever. To tell the truth, 87 was not too bad either. Kirby shined the whole way through.
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I'll always be grateful to Kirby for helping me to really enjoy baseball as I never had before.

Thank you, Kirby...

Mike B.
  • Options
    Puckett was my childhood hero, my started playing when I was 5 T-ball age. And announced this retirement my junoir year of H.S. And I thought that was a hard day.

I will remember Kirby for all that he did on the field, his comitic personallilty, his love for the game, and his smile.

Minnesota has lost one of the best, if not the best, baseball players!!

• Options
    I would like to remember Kirby on his birthday.
  • Options
    Can people get banned for being idiots and doing nothing but necroing old useless threads?
  • Options

<< <i>Can people get banned for being idiots and doing nothing but necroing old useless threads? >>

Not Cool.... Show Some Respect
    70's and 80's baseball cards
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can people get banned for being idiots and doing nothing but necroing old useless threads? >>

Not Cool.... Show Some Respect >>

Kirby was a good player, but in the end was nothing but an idiot as well

RIP six years later

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not Cool.... Show Some Respect >>

Kirby was a good player, but in the end was nothing but an idiot as well

RIP six years later

IMF >>

Join The Club
    70's and 80's baseball cards
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

I think several members have been asking if you could get banned for being an idiot....
  • Options

Come on Sean.

We just had a major narrative about this kind of rhetoric.

What's your point?
    Mike
  • Options
    Sorry about the earlier post guys... Slammed hand in a car door and was in the er ... wasn't in the best mood I apologize.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry about the earlier post guys... Slammed hand in a car door and was in the er ... wasn't in the best mood I apologize. >>

Mike
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    RIP

• Options
    El Presidente killed Kirby.
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Not really off-topic . . .

but if you watch the "reality" show Hard Core Pawn, one of the bouncers at the pawn shop bears an incredible resemblance to Kirby Puckett.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I wondered who watched that show Bob imageimage
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    If any TV producer ever tried to put that show on the air without labeling it a "reality" show, the censors would pitch a fit for showcasing stereotypes.
  • Options
    im still in mourning