Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

naxcom.com

anyboby buy or sell on naxcom.com good experience or bad?

Comments

• Options
    Two purchases, good deals...no problems.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>anyboby buy or sell on naxcom.com good experience or bad? >>

Used it about 10 times and mostly good experiences. The only problem I had were with raw that were way overgraded and there were no pictures. I bought 4 Ron Yary rookies for $8 that were described as NM but were EX at best. My other complaint is that under 50% of the sellers upload pictures....which drives me crazy. Even if the card is graded, I still like to see a picture.

I had one experience where the seller never shipped the item - and I received a refund from Naxcom after filing a complaint and the seller never responding to my complaint. That would never happen on E-Bay.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I've purchased several cards via Naxcom. No problems.

I do agree with Greg...the fact that a lot of sellers don't upload pictures is rather annoying.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ironrangerironranger Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I have purchased a couple of cards without problem. My biggest complaint is the the site is so difficult to use. I still have not figutred out how to search for vintage cards by sport and year. Much more difficult to use than eBay.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I agree with ironranger: the site is in serious need of usability testing. I used to have a page bookmarked that was a good starting point, but it stopped working one day, and they never fixed it. I have bought a few cards there, though, and have never had a problem.

Mike
  • Options
    As many board members who have purchased from me know, I have a site www.southfloridasportscards.com, which is set up on Naxcom. I currently have almost 8,000 listings, including over 3,000 PSA graded cards. I uploaded pictures for almost all of my graded cards (there were a few initial ones for which I didn't). I try to balance a collector's need for a scan vs. the time it would take me to add the scan. Most raw cards on naxcom are very cheap because of the competition. If I had to scan thousands of raw cards that I sell for less than $1 each (thousands at $.10 each) it would be too time consuming and I would never list those cards.

The best advice I can give buyers is that if you are buying a condition sensitive card you should request a scan. I have 3 raw 87 Leaf Bonds rookies listed on my site and I got a request for a scan yesterday so that the buyer could see the corners and centering. I had no problem scanning the cards and sending them to him. I believe in customer service and will quickly provide a scan of any card I have listed on my site. I also have submitted thousands of cards to PSA and I have a pretty good grading eye and I do my best to fairly grade my raw cards. I have yet to have a buyer complain about my grading and I get lots of repeat business, so I feel like I am grading fairly.

With respect to searching the site, I agree that it can be a little difficult. You almost need to search on a card by card basis or use a search string like "1972 PSA" to find all the PSA graded 72 baseball cards. Once you find a seller who has cards that you are interested in at reasonable prices, it is better to search his inventory for other cards you need from the same set. Combining orders from most large sellers nets you free shipping which is a good savings.

Also, keep in mind that prices on Naxcom are just asking prices. On ebay sellers start with a price and buyers bid it up. On Naxcom, sellers have to start with a higher price because many buyers will only buy if they can bid the card down. I review buy offers for my cards 10+ times per day and if offers are reasonable I take them and move on. I have 20 thousand plus (including 5,000+ raw cards) in my inventory that I have yet to upload to the site. If I get a good offer for my online inventory I have plenty of other cards to add to my site to replace it.

Feel free to pm or email me anytime if you have a question regarding naxcom or my site. I am happy to help.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    I don't know how anything gets sold on their site
    asking prices are multiples of retail, at least for items I'm interested in
    yes, you can make a offer, but when you see a sell price of $4500 & a top buy price of $750 you know not much business will be done
    I see buy offers at 10-20% of the lowest asking price
    it's rare to see buy offers at 75% of the lowest seling price or higher
    many or most items have NO buy offers
    I check their site periodically but I know that the odds of buying even 1 item is slim to none
    I listed a few graded items for sale
    I keep lowering prices every few weeks, but zero sales to date
    again, I have no clue how any business gets done on naxcom

• Options
    BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    You need to have a large inventory to sell cards on naxcom. Guys with a few cards who don't qualify as VIP sellers get no where. As guys on this board can attest, I do a large volume of business on naxcom.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store