Home Stamps Forum

looking for souvenir sheet

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum. I've collected stamps off and on for about 30 years, never very seriously.
I'm currently hunting for a souvenir sheet from Sahara Occidental. I'll try to attach the picture of it.

Issued in 1994, value 200 ptas, stamp depicts Clivia miniata.

Thanks
Linda

Comments

• Hi Linda and welcome!!! I hate to say this, but I've never seen or heard of one. I didn't really understand your picture either but will keep my eyes peeled. What do you collect? Also, you might want to turn on your PM if you want to get messages from people. It comes in quite handy. Hope you stick around!!

Jerry
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    image You may have to attend a stamp show or store to find your stamp. The dealer probably won't know if he/she carries it, but just ask to look at Spanish Sahara or flower topicals. Of course, one is bound to hit eBay at some point. BTW, did you know China put out a stamp with clivia miniata?

Doug
  • Hello,
    I could really start to like this forum if I get to use a bird avatar like that, too fun!

I'm attaching a better picture of the stamp / souvenir sheet I'm looking for. It is the one in the top right hand corner that I seek. (For now.)
    I actually found the souvenir sheet, on E-bay and ended up having to buy the entire package of 100 topicals from a stamp rip-off dealer in Regina, Sasketchewan. Paid $25 US, but I got the stamp! I figured I would probably be able to add the remainder to my stamp collection. Forty-six of that 100 were very badly printed souvenir sheets from Ajman State and It's Dependencies. image But I still got my stamp.

I also collect plants, clivia being one of them. I'm a member of the Clivia Enthusiast group and when I found out there were clivia stamps, well you see where that led too. It turns out, to make a longish story short, a famous breeder of clivia's is also looking for this souvenir sheet. Because of my respect for his work I'm going to try my darndest to find the sheet for him as well.

I am aware of the Chinese stamps issued and do have the singles and the souvenir sheet. I also want the FDC of that series. That is easier to find and I have. As my attachment shows (not clearly), Venda issued clivia stamps, along with Korea. South Africa is just about to release another set. I also think I may have found another put out by Equatorial Guinea, Michel A980/86, 1976 African Flowers. I can't tell by looking at the scan of the stamp online if it is indeed another clivia, nor do I have the Michel catalog to confirm.

What else do I collect? What I like. I like stamps because each one is a tiny piece of art, and most are so incredible. I'm very partial to floral stamps, and any stamps with birds, especially parrots. Star Wars, Farscape, old Heavy Metal, old fantasy comics, books, books, and more books, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Horror, hockey cards, old Mad Comic cards...... When my husband and I moved in together he brought all of the Star Wars toys he had when he was a kid and boxes of albums. One of these days I will go through it all.....

Jerry and Doug thank you for the warm welcome and yes I do plan to stick around. I've always loved collecting stamps and I think I'm ready to get serious about it.
    Jerry, I turned on my PM.
    Besides I have this one Cdn stamp that I can't find in the postal archives, and I do love a good puzzle.

Linda
  • hi linda,
    welcome.im still new here but everyone is pleasant & very helpful.
  • Hi Linda,

Amazing who and what one comes across in a new site.

I have that Ciskei flower set and souvenir sheet MNH and used with first day cancel.

Have a look where they all are !

Erich
    Offer quality British Africa, Commonwealth, Africa philatelic material.