Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Seller Blocks My Ebay Bids

Hi all,

I think most of you will find this interesting. I tried bidding on a Favre card (go figure) yesterday on Ebay from a seller that I have bought from before (who buys and sells Favre cards). To find that the seller has blocked me from bidding on their items. Perplexing as I have always paid for the items that I have won from him like I pay for all items I win on Ebay. So I emailed him to ask why I had been blocked from bidding.

The reply "No explanation should be necessary if you think about it."

So I thought about it. I know he is an active bidder on Favre cards as well. As I have witnessed him snipe my bids at the last second of numerous auctions. I have bid against him on a few cards lately that I have either won or bid to my maximum willing price to win the card my self that he ended up winning.

So he must be mad that I had the nerve to bid on cards that he has bid on.

All this doesnt make sense as he is an active seller as well as buyer. I have seen him buy cards and then turn around and sell them later. I myself am basically an active Favre buyer as I have never listed a Favre card on Ebay. So based on the situtation of how auctions work I still dont understand why he would block my bids.

Unless he feels that he is the only one entitled to buy Favre cards. But then he could never turn around and sell them to anyone. Perplexing isnt it?
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Set up a different account to purchase from this seller alone. After a few purchases, he will be accused of having a shill because you only bid on his items. Have fun with him.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The answer is easy..............he is a jerk.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The answer is easy..............he is a jerk.

steve >>

I second .....that he is a jerk!!

and the vote is unanimous!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    coachh,
    Actually if he did that he could be suspended from Ebay. You are not allowed to bid with any name once the sellers has basically told you your not welcome. I had a buyer with a problem and blocked him from bidding, he later won an Item from me with a second ebay account, I saw that it was him from the Paypal payment, notified Ebay and he was suspended for 30 days.

If he doesnt want your bids, dont lose any sleep over it. To block someone because you competitively bid against him is foolish. If that was the norm half of us wouldnt be talking to the other half.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭
    Do tell - who is this seller?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    If he doesnt want your bids, dont lose any sleep over it. To block someone because you competitively bid against him is foolish. If that was the norm half of us wouldnt be talking to the other half.

I agree with Gaspipe. I have been outbid by and have outbid several members of this very board on a variety of cards. It is just part of the free market. If I really want something, I bid as high as I can afford to do so. If I still lose, I guess I just couldn't afford the item. I hold no personal animosity toward anyone who outbids me.

This guy just sounds like a sore loser. Forget about him.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i have emailed him again, basically stating what i said here. depending on his response or lack there of i may or may not out him. i dont want to smear anyone if my thoughts are not true. but based on the facts its hard to belive they are not. you maybe able to find him under some of the items i have won lately. my ebay ID is (drum roll).... jradke4. go figure
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    definitely post his ebay name, then let him know about this thread and how many people will not be bidding with him..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I would just ask him again to clarify specifically why he blocked you. If he doesn't respond, move on. There are plenty of other sellers to give your money to.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    here is a link to the bid history of one of the items we were bidding on lately.link
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Not to mention his shipping charges are ridiculous for regular, first class mail.
  • Options

<< <i>here is a link to the bid history of one of the items we were bidding on lately.link >>

i dont see any of those bidders listed on your own bid history..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I've stopped collecting for my Johnny Bench master sets and I know there used to be 4 or 5 really active members here bidding on all sorts of stuff. I don't believe any were banned from bidding on each others auctions. Well, maybe one...
    But still-is the competition so great that I shouldn't take your money or you mine when it comes to reselling?
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>here is a link to the bid history of one of the items we were bidding on lately.link >>

i dont see any of those bidders listed on your own bid history.. >>

What do you mean by that PA
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    From the link you provided it appears the seller also has his feedback private. This guy lookls like a real double zero in my book.

I aqree, eff this guy and move on.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    its not the seller of this item that is the issue. its the other competitive bidder for the item
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>What do you mean by that PA >>

i mean i'm not able to tell who the hell the seller is you're talking about.. yeah, i see who you're competing against on the auction you posted, but i dont see where you've ever bought anything from the bidders on that auction..

basically what im trying to find out, is who the hell it is you're talking about.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Perry,
    here are two feedback you will find in jradke4's feedback received:

Prompt payment is always appreciated. Card ships 05/24/05. Thank you!!!
    Seller uwsp1992(private) May-23-05 11:17 5197138587

Seller uwsp1992(private) May-23-05 11:17 5197137530

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>Perry,
    here are two feedback you will find in jradke4's feedback received:

Seller uwsp1992(private) May-23-05 11:17 5197138587

Seller uwsp1992(private) May-23-05 11:17 5197137530 >>

ahh.. thank you..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If he lists something you absolutely HAVE to have, let me know and I'll bid for you. My ID has packers in it so he wouldn't suspect it's you. I wouldn't buy from a seller like that but sometimes there's something you just can't live without.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Maybe he too has a Favre set registrey and he doesn't want you to catch him or pull away further from him.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    if he does it is still childish. all he will get is a paper certificate. i can print one for him if he really wants one.

from his behavior if he has a set listed i would assume its the one that is not viewable.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    thanks for the offer jim, but i will be able to find his stuff elsewhere.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's