Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Regency Slab With Velvet Bag....

..someone asked me a long time ago to post a pic.

Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins

Comments

• Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i> >>

Yes, I agree completely.
  • Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think its good.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    that's pretty image
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. So what's the story with them? How many, for how long and what kind of coins?
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    I'm not sure what the years of issue were. I don't think they lasted very long because they were not very popular. Rather bulky to carry around.

Typically better or special coins were put in them and an additional fee paid to get the special holder.
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    Are they easy to crack? image
  • Options

<< <i>Are they easy to crack? >>

I don't know and I don't plan on finding out. It's staying just the way it is.

You can still find the slabs from time to time (although I haven't seen one for quite some time) but it's very difficult to get the bag too.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Neato!
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this one went bad.

Text
  • Options
    I dig it. It looks very...............'70s. Like something you'd see displayed on Lou Grant's desk in the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    very nice.....this is my first post.......wanted to get on something less controversial than an at peace piece.......very cool slab
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>very nice.....this is my first post.......wanted to get on something less controversial than an at peace piece.......very cool slab >>

Welcome aboard.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cost $50 and you could get a special message put on the label such as "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSS" or the name of a special variety such as "REPUNCHED DATE VARIETY" or practically any other message that is reasonable.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>I'm not sure what the years of issue were. I don't think they lasted very long because they were not very popular. Rather bulky to carry around. >>

Years were 1992 - 95.

<< <i>You can still find the slabs from time to time (although I haven't seen one for quite some time) but it's very difficult to get the bag too. >>

One of the members here (I'm embarased to say that his name eludeds me at the moment.) recently had one up on eBay. An Israeli coin from the Danny Kaye collection. A $400 coin that brought full catalog value plus a $600 premium for the slab. The bags are almost impossible to obtain. I've seen a couple of pictures of them, but never one in person.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    cool
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options

ttt

for astrorat

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    bump for the heck of it

www.brunkauctions.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file