Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

EBAY feedback after filing for a non paying bidder FV fee refund

Does anyone have any experience with this. I am a long time buyer but have limited selling experience on EBAY. On EBAY's website, it says that after you go through the 8 day dispute process to get your final value fee refunded...a retaliatory negative feedback can be posted but it doesn't count against you. Can someone explain?

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Options
    wufdudewufdude Posts: 356
    I think what it means is that the negative feedback will be recorded and can be viewed on your feedback page, it will not count against your feedback rating. I certainly could be wrong on this though. If not, it makes you wonder, what's the point?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I got one recently. I sold a toyota celica GTS and the guy gave me a million excuses, finally I gave up on him. I filed for the credit and he never answered. When I gave him his negative he retaliated. My negative against him counted, his feedback showed up on my list of feedbacks but it didn't show red and it didn't count.

Here's my feedback list. my feedback The one I'm talking about was Feb 2,2006 and if you look close I have a % under 99. I used to sell cars and car parts and there's no quicker way to get negatives than selling cars. The guy never comes, you send feedback and BOOM back it comes.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    2 months ago I sold 3 1960 topps psa graded cards to a guy, or so I thought. I waited patiently, sent a few courteous reminders, then finally got my FVF from ebay, relisted the items, etc.......well, the clown, who had earned himself around a dozen or so negatives in less than 2 months of being a member decided to leave me 3 negatives.....ALL of which showed up and counted....and what happened to the fool you ask...he is still doing the same thing to others without ebay doing a damn thing.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Jimq112,

I ran your feedback on http://www.toolhaus.org and the February feedback did not show up as a negative. This is a major improvement in EBAY (IMHO) because now you can see that EBAY did some analysis and proves the buyer renegged.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, it shouldn't be a negative. Thanks for the link too!
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭
    December 08, 2005 | 03:11PM PST/PT

Brian Burke

Hi... I'm Brian Burke, Senior Marketplace Policy Manager for Feedback.
    Last month we launched a change to the feedback system that requires members who have 10 or less feedback to complete a brief tutorial before leaving their first neutral or negative feedback (read the announcement). At that time, I also announced that this month we will begin removing feedback ratings left by buyers who don't respond to the Unpaid Item claim process on eBay. This change is now live.

Beginning today, we will automatically remove feedback ratings left by buyers who do not respond to the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This means the rating (whether positive, neutral or negative) will no longer affect the recipient's feedback score, although the feedback comment itself will remain. An administrative note from eBay will be added to the comment, indicating that the feedback rating was removed because the member did not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This is a global change and will affect all eBay sites.

The new policy only applies to unpaid item claims filed on or after Monday, December 5th (except for those that were filed on or after December 5th and were closed before the change was fully implemented on December 8th). Eligibility is based on the Unpaid Item filing date, not when the feedback was left.

This change, as well as the other recent enhancements we've made, ensures that the feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust. To comment on any of the recent changes, please visit the Feedback discussion board and always remember to read the Announcement Board for any future changes we may make to the feedback system.

Sincerely,
    Brian Burke
    Senior Manager, Marketplace Policy

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Thanks for posting that.

Still, why leave the comment up at all? If you don't pay, you have no right to leave any type of feedback on the transaction, plain and simple.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    True...but as a seller I think this helps a great deal. You can leave honest feedback for deadbeat buyers without fear of retaliation to your feedback. They can leave a comment but everyone will see that the bottom line is that they didn't pay (even after going through the EBAY dispute arbitration). There is no red strike against you and it doesn't even show up in your at a glance profile.

Regards,

Alan