Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS slab

I was looking at ebay and i came across a MS62 morgan . In the sales pitch it states its a double date but its not listed that way on the label as a double date , can that happan . If its strike doubling would it get into a holder.
THANK YOU

Comments

• Options
    anyone???????
  • Options
    Pictures or an auction link would yeild better information. A totally way off guess says a coin like this might possibly be a VAM. More likely the ebay seller took a good knock to the head and has double vision.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone??????? >>

If you put more detail in your thread title you may get more responses.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Yes it can happen. If the variety isn't listed in a standard reference they definitely won't list it on the label. Even if it IS listed there are a LOT of varieties that they don't list. Even now that they are starting to list VAM's they ony list some of them.

And if they do list the variety, be sure you confirm it yourself. I do not consider them to have a strong track record on variety accuracy.

And yes strike doubling can get into a holder.
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    yes, unlisted atribution is possible. Older slabs have the best chance.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>anyone??????? >>

If you put more detail in your thread title you may get more responses. >>

Not to mention that this was posted at 2:33 in the morning then TTTed less than an hour later. Most people are sleeping at that hour.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file