Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA GRADES THICKER CARDS???

I was told by some that PSA doesn't grade thicker cards. This graded card made by Topps being sold on ebay is an example of a thicker card that was graded by PSA:

LINK

If that card was graded, will PSA grade game used materials/auto combos?

I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.

Comments

• I think it was posted that max thickness would be about that of three normal cards. If in doubt send it in and they will let you know.
    You could also check the pop report and see if any are on there.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I think BWF is right. Like he said, send it in and see.

Although the card you linked to is bigger than most, it is no where near as thick as say, an Upper Deck Sweet Spot Helmet card. Those are as thick as 8 to 10 cards....really.

shawn
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    The cards I make are the same thickness as three regular 'ol vintage cards stacked. You shouldn't have a problem getting something slabbed that thick.
  • yeah it sucks that they dont grade thicker cards...over the last month or so they returned back to me a few 2004 upper deck ultimate collection cards....i'll just wait until they do, i guess. it's ashamed because these are some nice looking cards