Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA track the "not holdered" counts for submitters?

Do you think PSA tracks the number of times each individual member receives a "not holdered" status for a card, and then refers to this prior to grading?

Where I'm going with this is that if submitter X has a higher than normal percentage of "not holdered - evidence of trim", for example, then it would be logical to conclude that perhaps Mr. X is trying to slip something by more than the average submitter, thus perhaps his cards require closer scrutiny.

I know the answer should be "absolutely not", and I know it's been said that the grader has no knowledge of the submitter, so I guess I'm just babbling.

Comments

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I don't know, but there are dealers who regularly get a lot of cards rejected for trimming/recoloring/etc. If those dealers felt like their submissions were being overly-scrutinized, then I would think they'd stop submitting cards altogether...or at least stop sending in altered cards. No dealer would regularly submit altered cards to a grading company unless he was getting a decent percentage through. But, from the grading companies' standpoint, their money is green too.
  • Options
    I would think probably not, unless someone sent in a ton of vintage stuff where 90+ percent was trimmed/altered and they might "flag" the account and send all of their cards to the grader of death specifically for future submissions...

If I were PSA, if I noticed someone consistently trying to send in altered cards, I would have 1 or 2 designated graders that the submission would be earmarked for....only bad thing with that is that when us average joe's send our cards in and that grader gets them by chance, they would be prejudiced prior to grading our cards thinking that Submitter X (the trimmer) was sending in more stuff, so our marginal factory cut cards that are close might get the old EVID TRIM whereas a normal grader would probably slide them through...

ranting myself here as well...
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    In a perfect world yes. In reality, no way.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think that if submitter X consistantly has the "unfortunate luck" of submitting problem cards then yes, I would say more attention would be payed to their sub. I know when I worked retail, I loved busting scumbag shop-lifters image Same principle

Matt
  • Options
    I didn't realize there were that many people stealing lawn mower blades image

• Options

<< <i>I didn't realize there were that many people stealing lawn mower blades image

image >>

You have no ideaimage

matt
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I asked this at the National last year, and the answer was no. Personally, I'd like to see them do this, since it seems like 90% of all of the rejected cards come from the same sellers (Burge, Moser, etc.).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I just keep having the image of George Costanza in his little rascal being chased down the sidewalk with LMM chasing down crooks on his $10,000 lawn maintenance machine ('cause it surely isn't a lawnmower now is it? image
  • Options

<< <i>I just keep having the image of George Costanza in his little rascal being chased down the sidewalk with LMM chasing down crooks on his $10,000 lawn maintenance machine ('cause it surely isn't a lawnmower now is it? image >>

Its a lawn mowing machine!!!image I dont leave home without it!
    Matt