Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Anyone collect World Trade Center stuff?

My dad was one of the steel foremans on the actual project when it was originally built. I have a pamphlet that is really quit interesting. I will post scans if anyone is interested.
thanks
Matt

Comments

• Options
    Matt, I'm not interested in buying it, but it would be interesting to see a couple scans.

Jerry
  • Options
    Id like to see it too. I saw an interesting show (maybe Nova) that noted that the WTC had always been more of a target due to its archetectural design rather that its symbolism. The theory was that had the same event happened to an old-fashioned built girder type building (Empire State, Chrysler, etc.) that it would not have collapsed due to the overall structure being stronger than the core based structure.

Either way, it would be interesting to see the scans.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys I listed it on ebay last night, here's the link

link

I will post some up close scans a little later.

Matt
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Matt.....I have to admit I was about 3 seconds from flipping out when I saw the thread title.......at first what came to mind was the idiots around here who had stolen rubble from the site after 9/11 and were trying to hawk it on ebay and such......really sick if you ask me.

that being said, your pamphlet and photos look really interesting.....might have to keep them on watch.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt.....I have to admit I was about 3 seconds from flipping out when I saw the thread title.......at first what came to mind was the idiots around here who had stolen rubble from the site after 9/11 and were trying to hawk it on ebay and such......really sick if you ask me.

that being said, your pamphlet and photos look really interesting.....might have to keep them on watch. >>

I actually could have sold it back then ( for a ton I would imagine) but didnt want to cash in on other peoples suffering. I forgot about it till a dug it up recently.

Matt