Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bay State coin show 3/10--3/12

Hi,

I noticed this coin show in MA.
Has anyone been there before?
How was it?

I have been to 1 other show in Dedham, Ma. seemed small, not too exciting.

I was thinking of going to this one.

When is the best time to go.
Is it better to bring cash, check or credit??

Rookie Joe

Bay state show

Comments

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been to almost every Baystate Show in the past 20 years, and it is one of the best in New England, in my opinion. It is a three day show, running Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The best day to be there is Friday. There will be 120 - 140 dealer tables, and although they have broken up the large function room spaces into smaller rooms, this is merely a minor distraction to the collector/buyer. As has been stated on this forum before, cash is king at a coin show, but most dealers will accept checks with appropriate references. Only a few are equipped to accept plastic at shows. I travel a 2 hour drive each way for this show, and it has always been well worth the trip. Make a day of it, and enjoy the great restaurants in Boston while there.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I would categorize it as a large, regional show - much bigger than Dedham, but not anywhere near the size of a national show like Long Beach or Baltimore.

Its always better to go earlier as opposed to later - if you can make it Friday, great. If not, then early Saturday is good - but by noon the place starts to thin out and literally turn into a flea market. Anytime a dealer packs up and leaves, the space is rented oput to psuedo-antique dealers and so showing up late on the weekend is just not worth the effort.

Bring checks, not cash or credit cards.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input.
    Friday may be tough for me. I was thinking of Saturday when it opens.
    I will bring some cash--checks and some coins.

Joe

Maybe I'll find a nice 1955 proof Frankie.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file