Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cleveland Indians, Sock Alexis, Card?

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering. Several years ago Topps issued there T205 set. One of the cards I pulled from a pack was a reprint of Cheiff Sock Alexis. Apparently, he was the first Native American to play baseball, and because of him Cleveland dedicated the name "Cleveland Indians" in his honor. Does anyone know if he actually has an original card? Being a fan of the Tribe I'd like to have any card of his.

Thank you,

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    I am nearly positive that there are no cards (regardless of how broadly you define 'card'), and I think there are few photos of him in uniform. I'm sure you'll get some better informed posts from others. Sockalexis is an interesting story.

Nick
  • Options
    I assume you mean cards from his playing days?
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Hello Nick,

Are you a fan of the Tribe? Yes, I would really like to pick up a card from during his playing days. I was hoping there would be a T205 card of his, but looking over the checklist it appears there was none. I don't know! That's why I came to the most knowledgable collectors in the world tonight.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    Hi Jeff,
    No not an Indians fan, though I've heard great things about the Jake. I first heard about Sockalexis years ago. There are Herculian myths surrounding him. Stuff like throwing a baseball astounding distances, and the such. I think he ended up having trouble with alcohol later in his life. After a quick Google search, the following might help us: Quick Bio

Nick