Home Metal Detecting
Options

Fisher Users?

I am more or less looking at the CZ-70 pro or the CZ-3D. Any help would be appreciated. I like to coin shoot and want a detector with good depth capabilities.

Northern California
Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Agile...All the Fisher users have changed machines.image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I currently use the Fisher Coin Strike. I have had great luck so far. It has taken some time to get use to though. I am still not completly knowledgeable with it and I have used it for almost 9 months now. It has done great though on silver coins. Once you get use to what your looking for it's great. I just wish it had a depth finder.

bolle
  • Options
    changed machines!! What are ya trying to say? Ha Ha. Gotta be someone here that uses a CZ-3D or CZ-70. Come out of the wood work you guys image

<< <i>Sorry Agile...All the Fisher users have changed machines.image >>

Northern California
  • Options
    I use the 1225. If you have the budget & ability to master the additional features, then by all means go for a CZ.

It almost doesn't matter what detector you get, as long as it's a major brand with a decent warranty. More important is gaining experience using it and understanding what/how to use the various controls such as sensitivity and discrimination. Also, obtain appropriate size search coils for different hunting conditions/sites you'll encounter. Lastly, it's just as important to research/find the types of sites that should have what you seek (coins, relics, jewelry etc.) Don't get too hung up on depth.

Here's a cent I found a few years ago. Research, persistence and being able to hunt a trashy site paid off. Good luck.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    Nice coin. Yeah I am really leaning towards one of the 2 CZ-s. Just want to make sure I get the right one for what I want to do. Coin hunting. I'm sure either would be a good choice though. Just hoping there are some user opinions out there somewhereimage

Northern California