Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Warning: Am putting some high-graded -- but horrible -- US Philippines up on eBay

Dear People:

A dear friend (tainohenka) and I have been getting ready to start selling some of my duplicate US-Philippine coins on his website: WWW.PHILIPPINECOINS.COM.

But this last trip to Manila, we sorted through the coins and pulled out a half dozen coins that had good grades but which we thought were pieces of, um, er, you-know-what.

We decided keep those embarrassments off the website. We want to keep that for the good schtuff.

So he's posting the junk on eBay. No description. Just the coin grade and pictures, front and back, of the coin. The first coin is up: a 1903 half centavo, graded Proof 62 Brown by NGC. The graders must have been out of their mind to give this coin a grade like that.

In any case, Tainohenka and I just wanted to warn you fellow US-Philippines enthusiasts against bidding on his next 6 eBAy coin offerings.

Enjoy yourselves!

Just Having Fun
Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock

Comments

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hi -- sorry, I am not clear on this. You are advising us not to bid? Warning us against over-priced coins? What's up?image
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    How can it be overpriced at a starting price of $1? image

I think Justhavingfun and tainohenka just wanted to let us know, that they didn't agree with the grade that was given to the coin. image
    imageimage
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi -- sorry, I am not clear on this. You are advising us not to bid? Warning us against over-priced coins? What's up?image >>

Exactly what he says; he thinks the coins don't merit the grades and is giving us a healthy warning of caveat emptor.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mr Fun, Thanks for the heads up, but I am not into redheads & freckles...........Too bad it wasn't a PCGS holder, then the grading gaurantee would kick in (if so desired)..........Rick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir