Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay - here I come.....

I am planning to sell my non-collection coins on Ebay.

Could I please get some tips / advice etc in order to provide the best service straight away and how to get the best value for money ( no pun intended image ).

TIA

Comments

• Options
    1. good, clear, large pictures
    2. unless you are buried in the coin, start your auctions at .99 and let the market take over
    3. clear return policy
    4. don't gouge on shipping
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    dont under estimate having the listing terminate about 10 or 10:30 EST or so, to give the west coast US people a chance to bid at the end of the auct live...
    I think saturdays and sundays are the best (sundays more optimal)....

low reserves seem to get people interested off the bat
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>dont under estimate having the listing terminate about 10 or 10:30 EST >>

If you have coins that are going to appeal to European collectors, I would end the auction earlier.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    If they are not very cheap coins, and/or unc, have them graded perhaps? Raw coins sell very low on ebay, with few exceptions.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    What all of the above said, and I would add, end your auctions the weekend after or during the 16th of the month paycheck. This has worked very well for me as most mortgages are due on the 1st and that frees up buck-a-roos for the flush 16th payday......hope this helps.........Rick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    List your coins right now. You have until midnight tonight to take advantage of the fixed price $0.10 sale (if you list on ebay.com).

The good news is that the UK ebay usually follows suit with a 5p sale a few days later, but I certainly can't guarantee what they're up to. They did announce a 50% off sale on March 3 for listing and promotional fees.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If they are not very cheap coins, and/or unc, have them graded perhaps? Raw coins sell very low on ebay, with few exceptions. >>

I gotta disagree on this one. I'm doing quite well on lower-dollar coins... suprisingly well actually. I'm putting my coins up at between 70% and 85% of Krause. The $1-5 coins are selling faster than anything higher. image

It gets even more mind-boggling when you add in shipping. Paying $6 for a $2 coin??? Huh??? Yet people are doing it.

I don't understand it at all... but I'll take it.