Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My next set...1987 Topps Baseball (I think)

I don't have much money so I gotta stick with more modern sets. Many of you know (and can see) I'm working on a perfect 1988 Topps Football set because I like the way the cards look. My favorite looking 80s baseball set would be the 1987 Topps. Is there any reason I should avoid this?

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    There is no reason not to pursue any set if thats what you are into. 87's are a nice looking card and 3 box rack cases are down to $45 at BBCE. For that price you cant go wrong. I have been busting 86 and 87 like a madman lately, but simply to compile super high end raw sets.

For me at least, its not worth grading. Besides, I have been stricter and less tolerant in my compiling of 86's than even PSA would be. There is nothing like having a set in true high end mint and gem mint raw condition.

I took notice of your 88 topps football set, really nice, I like that sets look and star composition too. Busted several cello boxes recently and got some great results, and great cards considering they were $8 a cello box !

Good luck with your 87 baseball and 88 football pursuits, I am sure they will be alot of fun !

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    If you love it, go for it!

'87 Topps brings back a lot of memories for me personally and I would want to collect it at some point in the distant future. For now, got my hands full and have plans for more vintage sets. But, at some point, I'd like to get into those little wood bordered puppies!

Good luck with the journey if you are going for it.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking the same. Lately I have been picking up unopened mid 80's stuff to stash and work on later. When I have the time. Whenever that is.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    im not a big fan of 87...always avoided them because of the design. i was always fond of the 88's, 89's (they look the same, i know) and the 91's.

anyway, good luck with the set.
  • Options
    Just ripped 2 vending cases of 87 Topps.....think I'm with you....I'm going to grade a set and sell of the dupes...

Same with 1989 Fleer baseball.....anymore riders for the bandwagon??
  • Options
    LOL I'm interested in 1989 Fleer too, actually. Love the stripes!