Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

FUN WITH AUTOGRAPHs.....being a kid again

Some of you know that I live in St Thomas, Virgin Islands.....the only member of this forum that lives here............I also live on the only golf course here in St Thomas..............a sort of a resort course, but nothing special............. I play golf on a regular basis and have connections with starters and the Pro who know i have a chitloads of baseball cards from 1955 on forward including tons of cards from 1982-1992...................

....in the past week there has been a unrelated contingent of ex-major leaguers who have played the golf course and I was able to get them to autograph cards that I had in my inventory...( thanks to my friends at the starters desk)

Chuck Shilling ( Red Sox second baseman 1961-1965)
Goose Goosage
Mark Portugal
Bob Tewksbury

These go along with two autos from Bob Gibson who played the course about a month ago....one of which is sitting with Knuckles for him to do his magic...........I chose not to have Bob autograph the three cards of his that I own................

OH nothing like being a kid again.............
Collector of:Baseball
1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    lostdart58,

Thats really cool! Did you get the autos in person or were they left at the desk for you? Were all of the players nice about giving their auto to you?

Matt
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    All friendly guys, all seemed very happy just to be recognized.........I got the autos myself....Tewsbury signed 10 different cards that I happened to have.

Gossage and Portugal signed four each.......I only own one of the Chuck Shilling cards which he signed.

The Gibson auto was a little more difficult to obtain.........He was very friendly to talk to but wasn't real receptive to signing..........eventually I did coax two autos from him.......one of which Knuckles now has...

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete