Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

world of weels new member here. help

Hi all. I just joined PSA because I came across a case of cards a freind gave me before I was married and have been paked away for a long time. well after digging out my 7 bins of baseball cards while finding storage for my daughters stuff ( now 10) I found the case and looked at them. well my friend who gave them to me said his grandfather worked for topps and gave them to him. there are 2,000 cards of topps called world of wheels and they where still bundled up and tied. I was told they never went to the store. So I opened the bundles and sent some into PSA to check out. they look like new. So are these cards worth to have graded?? and there must be a cheaper way to have 2,000 cards checked. any ideas would help. thank you.

Comments

• Options
    If you are referring to the 1953 World On Wheels set, most of them are pretty common. The rarest ones are numbered 161 through 180 and are probably worth getting graded. Still a great find though.
  • Options
    Psa will be grading unopened packs shortly, I'd wait until they start doing it before you send them in. An unopened pack will bring much more of a premium.

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Tracker,
    numbers 1 through 160 are very common, but I'm always interested in clean raw cards if you're looking to sell. The high numbers, 161-180, are indeed worth grading. Do you have packs or are they vending cards (single cards intended to be put in penny vending machines back in the day). World on Wheels appeared a lot then in vending machines; one of the reasons they are so plentiful today.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    hi, I have 2,000 of them from a freind many years ago who's grandfather worked for topps. they where all tied and banded with cut cardboard that looks like was cut from the same machine perfect size. so I opened them and I checked I have about 40 to 50 of each card not sure all the numbers yet still checking them I will let you know.