Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help ID'ing these strange (Bruins) hockey coins....

Was digging around an old trunk I have and came across these coins. Don't remember picking them up, but evidently I must have doing my youth. The only problem is, I know about as much about them now as I probably did then - which is nada.

Has anyone ever seen these before or have an inkling of their background and/or value? Their packaging, or rather lack of, seem to indicate that this was not a nationally released issue.

Oh yeah, I found this ugly pug too. I wonder how the heck I wounded up with the ol' Raging Bull here. Too bad it's not worth grading.

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Those are sweet, I've never seen them before.

Here's a Esposito that ended on eBay.

Edited to add.. let me know if you want to sell them. They would look nice in my cabnet. image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. The guy has an Orr for $60 too. Unfortunately, his description doesn't really shed too much light on these coins or their background.

Anyway, I found some more oddball items last night digging through my old trunk of uniforms. I have two hockey "silkscreens" of some type. They are made of cloth and rolled up with a wooden dowl. One is a Bobby Orr and the other is a Bobby Hull. In addition to the player portrait, there are player stats for the 70-71 season. These are too big to scan so I'll have to post a pic as soon as I get a hold of my digital camera. I must have gotten all this stuff in a trade or something like that way back in highschool and forgot about it.

There's also a Bobby Orr cardboard "standup" still wrapped in it's original cellophane. From the pic used, I'd guess this was probably circa 1975 or so. The only other non-hockey item, is a Steve Carlton "bronze" replica of his 1983 Topps regular issue. These I know about. Topps issued them to dealers as sale incentives of some type and was the precursor to the 1984 bronze set.

Weird what you find if you dig around in the closet image