Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Collecting coins indepth from less popular countries

Has anyone tried to put together an indepth collection of coins from lesser known countries?

I don't mean the south seas island junk image but from a country issuing real coins for everyday
commerce.

It would seem that with lesser known countries the coins might be cheaper since demand would
be lower. Don't know if that is really the case however.

Comments

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    Complete date sets from Bohemia & Moravia, and Slovakia. I am four coins short of completing both. Part of my WWII collection.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options

<< <i>Complete date sets from Bohemia & Moravia, and Slovakia. I am four coins short of completing both. Part of my WWII collection. >>

That is a collection I would love to see!!
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I just completed a Portuguese Timor type set, and there are a couple of coins that are neither cheap nor easy to find in high grade.
  • Options
    I have completed a Jersey pre-decimal copper set and am well on the way to completing a Guernsey pre-decimal copper set. I am also (tenatively) working on an Isle of Mann pre-decimal copper set.
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I have thought about doing an Isle of Man type set from the 1700s.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com