Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

~~MY GRANDFATHERS TONY GWYNN GRADED 10~~

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I just bid on this, so we'll see if I win it. I'm happy to pay 3 bucks to see just what it is I'm going to receive.
  • Options
    Wow - they're selling their grandmother, right along with their grandfather's possessions!! Do you think maybe she wouldn't let them go, so they decided to just include her along with the items?
    << image >>
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Well he sold a Willie Mays 1953 that appears to be an archives for $200+. Funny how some cards have pics and some do not...all have a shallow description.
  • Options

ole Estaban paid 200 for a 5 dollar card...

looks like it will be a 1983 Donruss

Card graded by others (GRA) more like a 9. Fast delivery. Donruss RC
  • Options
    sorry boo...I had to bid $1.04 (in honor of ole granddad)...bumped you up to 1.11...
  • Options

<< <i>sorry boo...I had to bid $1.04 (in honor of ole granddad)...bumped you up to 1.11... >>

LOL! I understand. I think $1.11 is as high as I go, although who knows? I may kick it up even higher if I need to. In the end I feel like I've really got to see this card!
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    You'd better hope it wasn't graded by SGC, lol.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'm not too far from Santa Ana. Maybe I should email her to see if I can arrange a meeting to examine the card and ask
    her if she permits local pickup to obviate the need for shipping and handling.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>You'd better hope it wasn't graded by SGC, lol. >>

I would gladly pay $3 for a fair to poor Tony Gwynn card-- any year-- that someone has taken the time to slab. Meathook had a PSA 3 (I think) '84 common that I wanted badly, but he never got back to me.

If I'm the big winner I'll be sure to let the rest of the kids know what I get image