Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

darkside display

my post got no mention for my numismatic display, which is on the mantle ....
who else has a pic to show me with coins as decor ?!?!? limited to darkside, of course image

Link to thread

Comments

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Don't have a pic to share but on the mantle of our formal living room fire place are a couple of Erte bronze medals. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    What's the statue on the right side of the mantel ...... a golfer ?
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old picture...the cabinet is more crammed now. Handmade by my stepdad (a really nice guy--he and my mom got married when I was 29 so it seems kind of silly to call him that, but otherwise it's 'that guy who married my mom' which is just plain awkward). I have the cabinet in my living room and it's absolutely beautiful. I worried a bit about the wood, but as far as I can tell nothing is changing color after a year+. I did put a couple silver ones in extra large airtites though.

I also have a medal in one of Solid's displays. He did a custom job so it rotates on the vertical axis given the medallic orientation. I don't have a good picture of that handy, but it's very nice.

Cathy

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    great looking cabinet !!!

The golfer is a trophy that probably should be in the basement with a couple bowling trophies, but I like it so it stays upstairs image
    Golf Club of NJ Sand Dunes Classic trophy image