Home Metal Detecting
Options

1863 seated half

went out for a little hunt with my son Paul . we hit a few side walk demos in sac. the first side walk we hit i got a iffy signal iron -dime-quarter -iron it was very sandy i scooped up some sand and out poped this beautifull 1863s seated half . a first for me .it's funny becouse this morning i was looking at the halfs in the red book thinking i realy would like to find a seated half or hole $ . i could not beleave it was realy a seated half i shouted for Paul to look we both ran . it was great .
thanx for looking
vincent

Comments

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Simply, awesome.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    I have a 1854, but I didn't find it with my 'tector.
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yarg. image

Don't ask me what "yarg" means. It just came out. I suspect it's a primitive exclamation of jealousy, since I haven't dug a Seated half yet.

(Three half dimes, four dimes, one quarter. Fourteen years. That's it for me and dug Seated stuff, so far. I tried today, but no such luck.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Excellent work Vincent!!

This is the second thread you've posted here and you are killin us!image

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice a seated half is still on my want list. I guess I will just settle for seated dimes.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Those are quite some finds you've posted in your first threads!! Keep it up! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    thanx for the replys . i stumbled on this sight searching for info on a 1891 s/s dime i found .
    allmost all of the hunting i do is old sights demos , old home remodles , old town empty lots . i rely like finding old coins . i have found a 2 gold rings one was out of a privy pre 1860s that one i still wear the other came frum a side walk demo in the old part of town so i guess it's pre 1920 . just over 1/4 oz .
    glad i found the sight
    HH vincent
  • Options
    Great find. imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wow!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage